Feedback on Feedback

I’m one of these real lucky users that things just never work for me out of the box. It’s crazy, I know, but it’s true.

Right now I’m trying to figure out how to use the feedback app, because I have a feedback number I want to look at, but there is no way in this cold god forsaken place that I am able to find or see it anywhere.

I have the app, I click the link and it takes me to the app and I have signed in, but it never takes me to the feedback in question.

• The app is NOT intuitive at all, there is nowhere I can enter a feedback number to be taken to it.
  • Searching for the feedback number finds nothing
  • trying to nut down keywords still has 187 search results
  • I have tried subscribing to any/another feedback item and hack the url given to me as a share link with no result
  • a share link provides only the feedback ID, but I can’t do anything with that feedback ID (in relation to the app itself)
  • there does not appear to be anywhere to put that ID to take me to it

What am I missing?

I thought I would get smart and added “CASE ID” to the columns, but then clicking on “Newest” doesn’t let me scroll back far enough.

• I can’t find any way to “Just show me this case number”
  • there’s no address bar, the linking is obviously not working (well for me at least, because, “that’s just me!”) ;/

Is this viewable in a browser at all?

BTW, I am finding this feedback incredibly frustrating to use and navigate, besides the fact that I can’t navigate to where I want to go:

• how to add case-id to all windows? I seem to have to customise every individual view
  • how to expand search results beyond the default? eg, show me the 21st most requested feature, or show me the NEXT most recently active item.

It seems that there are arbitrary filters on filters, let users search and provide their own filters, and at the very least:

• let users view all cases
  • let users view by case ID
  • search for case titles (I am entering the title word perfect from a forum post and it is not found in the app)
  • provide a web interface or alternative method for viewing feedback that doesn’t involve installing something else onto my system

some cases are private or not visible
if the case is filed as a beta bug report and you are not part of the beta group then you cannot see it

normally the top areas has a text field and you can put the keywords or a specific case # in there and press search and, if the case is visible to you, it will show it to you

clicking this link should show you a case that IS visible to everyone <https://xojo.com/issue/60864>

you do unfortunately
<https://xojo.com/issue/58767>

you dont
you get to see what Xojo permits us to see
Or what other users permit you to see of their cases
Sometimes people submit cases as “private” because only they & Xojo should see them - there may be proprietary information on them that they do not want shared

I understand the need for privacy in certain message / feedback types. No dramas there. But at least show something instead of nothing.

I’m back in the phone now and so unable to view anything. Hence my question regarding seeing the feedback in a web interface. Because I’m not seeing anything in iOS.

I’m losing my xojo mojo :slight_smile:

[quote=495825:@Da maxhosts]I understand the need for privacy in certain message / feedback types. No dramas there. But at least show something instead of nothing.

I’m back in the phone now and so unable to view anything. Hence my question regarding seeing the feedback in a web interface. Because I’m not seeing anything in iOS.

I’m losing my xojo mojo :)[/quote]

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think they said they were going to make it run as a web app with Web 2.0 in one of their XDC videos.

That’s my understanding as well. Xojo is apparently building a whole new Feedback app that is web-based.

Unfortunately @Da maxhosts, the short-comings of the current Feedback app are well known. I think it’s been more than a year or two since the front-end had an update. We all look forward to the new system.

Don’t lose heart. If you’re really stuck, just keep posting your questions on the forum. If your question concerns something hidden in Feedback, someone with more access may be able to answer for you.

yes, it turns out I think the feedback link that was posted in the other thread must be marked as private, because even searching specifically for the title brings up nothing. And the fact I’ve been in and out all day and then can’t click on a link because I’m in iOS has been mildly frustrating too, but meh, whatever. Moving onto the next problem :slight_smile: