Feedback is now Issues

Reading the blog post, I’ve found there is supposed to be an upvote/downvote

1 Like

I texted Geoff immediately after I read the announcement. For the unaware, I developed the original Feedback, so these kinds of things are close to my heart.

Over the years the needs change. Feedback was about 13 years old. One of the reasons we developed Feedback in-house is there weren’t options that felt good enough. The ranking and points sounded like a good idea at the time, but I think over the past 13 years, we found such a design has its obvious flaws.

Third party options are better these days, and these custom features probably aren’t worth keeping things in-house. I think we’re all disappointed that Feedback won’t before the test bed for Web Edition, but the advantages are too significant to ignore.

I’m in support of the change. Sure, it’s different, but that’s ok. Anything, even Feedback for the Web, would be different. That’s ok. We’ll get used to it.

And in another 10-15 years I bet we’ll go through this again.

10 Likes

I found if you allow it to autofill by first clicking in search and selecting Author

Then select = from the list presented

equals

Then the next thing that displayed was a list of names with my name at the top of the list probably due to the fact that I was logged in.

That worked to find all my cases I have filed.

1 Like

Easiest way I’ve found to access my cases is with the search field at the top of the site, that for some reason doesn’t show when you’re in search results, but does everywhere else.

You don’t assign points, you simply up or downvote cases. Since it’s web-based, your favorites can just be bookmarks in your browser. Top issues can be seen by sorting the list by Popularity. Of course that will take some time as it’s based upon voting.

5 Likes

Thank you Xojo team for this seamless transition and for transferring over all our cases!

11 Likes

This will take some getting used to but first impressions are that this is a massive improvement.

Bravo Xojo.

14 Likes

Why is there a notification “Award added” in the lower left corner when I do a thumbs up?

What the heck are the emojis supposed to do in an issue?

1 Like

This may help (gitlab, emojis, and awards):
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/award_emojis.html

According to the above document you see “Award added” because you are “giving an emoji as an award” in this case a thumb up

According to the linked document:

Award emoji make it much easier to give and receive feedback without a long comment thread.

2 Likes

Yes, for children.

a) I don’t need a confirmation when I see that my action was successfull.
b) If there is a confirmation then it should relate to the action. A “thumbs up” is not an award.

1 Like

@Geoff_Perlman , what about a link to Issues/feedback at the top of this xojo forum ?
thanks.

4 Likes

Many/most of these new tools/sites are designed for young people that can’t live without emojis. Just like this forum with emojis/badges (their idea of ‘awards’).

This is not Xojo’s configuration but Gitlab’s product. I don’t know if Xojo can remove/limit the emojis or change the ‘Awards’ definition (I don’t think is possible).

Edit: Beatrix, I agree with you, it feels ‘too much’, an award for participating with a thumb up is something that I didn’t expect on a professional tool/service.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m probably getting too old.

2 Likes

Isn’t it just an award for giving your first like? This forum does it too.

From what I see, any icon you add to a case you get the message “Award added”.

Edit:

I feel special already :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a question for @Dana_Brown.

YAY!!! We all get participation trophies!!!

5 Likes

After reading the Announcement " Improving Feedback " title, i was going to read the current Issue of xDev and let this garbage alone until minutes ago whan I was curious to understand the title of this thread.

I do not have to explain my surprise when I understand - after many entries - what Issues are, now.

Thanks god, tomorrow it will be Friday !

You just are not used to it. That provides great instantaneous feedback.

3 Likes

Done!

6 Likes