Feedback & Forum

Very often in the middle of a thread, here in the forum, we can see a link to Feedback.
Something like this: <https://xojo.com/issue/54089>

I’m using Windows 10 and this is what happens:

• If I have Feedback already opened: the case is shown on the window >> Ok
  • If Feedback is not opened, then it starts (OK); on the left panel under “CASES” appear a list of cases and the last one is the one clicked. Unfortunately nothing is shown on the right, main panel. After a few seconds the list continues to grow and at the end, the last one, a completely strange case is opened.
    If I want to see the case I clicked on the forum I must search it in the list on the left panel and click it again.

Is it normal?
Can I do something else to go directly to the case, apart from having Feedback already opened?

That is not how it is supposed to work.
I’m working on a Mac and there Feedback is opened and the case of the clicked link is shown.
As a workaround you can click the link in the forum again after Feedback has opened.
That should work and you don’t have to search.

I sometimes see the problem when I have a lot of tickets open along with feedback so I try to keep them to a minimum using File>Close All before I shut the app down. I assume its some rate limit at the feedback hosting end that kicks in when we try to open too many tickets in one go (just a guess though)

Other than closing all tickets before you quit, the only other thing I can recommend is closing feedback, opening

%appdata%\Xojo\Feedback

and moving everything you see in there into a temp folder on your desktop (for safe keeping in case this breaks something) then trying feedback again.

[quote=441388:@Paul Sondervan]
As a workaround you can click the link in the forum again after Feedback has opened.[/quote]
This works. Thank you, although I must admit that this is not the correct solution.

[quote=441390:@]Close All before I shut the app down. I assume its some rate limit at the feedback hosting end that kicks in when we try to open too many tickets in one go (just a guess though)

Other than closing all tickets before you quit, the only other thing I can recommend is closing feedback, opening

%appdata%\Xojo\Feedback

and moving everything you see in there into a temp folder on your desktop (for safe keeping in case this breaks something) then trying feedback again.[/quote]
Closing all the cases before closing Feedback doesn’t work. When I click a link everything is like I explained.
Now I will try your second solution, but again I think this is not the correct solution.
There must be something I must do to solve this.

Ramon, I tried to explain this here: <https://xojo.com/issue/55449> but it was closed. Then I tried again with a private case, and that is marked Reproducible.

Then is also <https://xojo.com/issue/55827> maybe related too.

Thanks Alberto.
In fact it is not a serious problem, but definitely there a problem here.
If Feedback is open everything works OK = I click a link and the case is shown, but if Feedback is not open then opens and shows another case, Perhaps the last one I saw, but I am not sure.

Ramon, how did you get on closing all your cases before shutting down feedback, did it work as expected then? Or did the cases all magically reopen themselves?

If a case has been opened on a previous visit to feedback, left open and more cases are opened after this one then feedback is closed, when you click on the link again it will open feedback but not jump to the already opened case, this is the bug. Its pretty easy to reproduce but probably a waste of time reporting if feedback is going to be rewritten before any further updates are made to it.

Julian,
Thank you for insisting. Now I did it again and it has worked! If I close all the cases before exiting Feedback, I can click a link and it opens the correct case. I don’t know if when I did it before I did something wrong or just it didn’t work.
Anyway, now I will try to close all cases always before leaving Feedback.