Feedback database melt-down?

I just opened feedback and I see that all comments show “Today at” instead of a proper date.
One of my really old cases (2015r4) have also been reopened asking for comments <https://xojo.com/issue/42068>
Running Feedback 2017r1.2 on Windows 10 1703.

Not unusual to get a question on a Feedback case (the question was dated on 2017-11-01).

Edit: I get an eye on your report in Feedback.

That’s interesting. I just tried to download a file yesterday from feedback, and the zipped file did not have any data (couldn’t be unzipped) and the year of the file was 1969.

I hope they keep the Xojo source code on another server…

Eugene,

one of your two images in Feedback 45324 is unavailable.

The other one can be downloaded with the correct date.

Nota: IMHO, it is the local computer who set the download dates. Usually, when that date is wrong, it is (for all items) because of an empty battery that needs to be replaced. OR… set the computer clock and stop removing the computer power cord :wink:

@Emile Schwarz

Thanks for your comments. And I think your right that something is not quite right with feedback or the computer that it is running. When I type in feedback number 42094 and view the attachments, all have the year 1969:

Yes, your right about Feedback 45324 and when I click on the attachment to download the file, I get an error:

Feedback 45324 - Communication with the Feedback ma... The attachment you requested is not available.

42094 - all the attachments have been archived since the case is marked duplicate of one that is fixed & verified (in 2015r4.1)
45324 was closed as not reproducible in Sept 2016 and its attachments have been archived because of that
You’d be better off opening a new case in this instance

We’ve archived a lot of attachments to NOT require several Tb of storage on cases that are “inactive” (closed, fixed, etc)
There was a time component to this archiving as well (something like at least 6 months or a year old)
Greg or Travis know the exact criteria

In short I dont think there’s any “melt down”

Eugene:

what are the dates for a today created file on your computer ?
(the one you use to run Feedback)

@Norman:
If “yesterday” also is “today”, all is well.
This is what it looks like in my Feedback running on Windows 10 with Swedish Region setting, never seen this before:

There is nothing in the red rectangle.

Also, do not forget the time difference from Europe vs USA: today (in Europe) can be yesterday (in the USA) at the same moment in time !
I am unsure of what is best here: :frowning: or :wink:

It showed the same 24 hours ago so it can’t be just the time difference…

[quote=357873:@Mattias Sandström]@Norman:
If “yesterday” also is “today”, all is well.
This is what it looks like in my Feedback running on Windows 10 with Swedish Region setting, never seen this before:
[/quote]
I see “on Jul 26, 2016 at 10:06 AM” for yours and “on Jul 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM” for Stephane’s post (44742).
Mac 10.12.6

[quote=357859:@Emile Schwarz]Eugene:

what are the dates for a today created file on your computer ?
(the one you use to run Feedback)[/quote]

Hi Emile,

My computer is a Surface Book, and the date is 7 Nov 2017 at :1748:42. It looks like the time is correct on my computer.

@Mattias Sandström - Could you try this on your system…

Dim d As New Date dim dateStr as String = d.AbbreviatedDate

and tell me what dateStr is set to?

Strange.

@Greg O’Lone
AbbreviatedDate returns empty while SQLDateTime returns “2017-11-08 08:20:44”.
However, the following codes works better:

dim d as Xojo.Core.Date = Xojo.Core.Date.Now dim s as string = d.ToText(Xojo.Core.Locale.Current, Xojo.Core.Date.FormatStyles.Short) // Returns "2017-11-08, 08:34:48" dim f as string = d.ToText(Xojo.Core.Locale.Current, Xojo.Core.Date.FormatStyles.Full) // Returns "Wednesday, 8 November 2017 at 08:34:48" dim m as string = d.ToText(Xojo.Core.Locale.Current, Xojo.Core.Date.FormatStyles.Medium) // Returns "8 Nov 2017, 08:34:48"
My Windows settings:

Windows 1703, 64-bit.

4 digits for the day number ? Is this the new Microsoft Calendar ? :wink:

Nope - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/custom-date-and-time-format-strings
dddd = full name

Y2K bug counter measures ! :wink:
(Martian Calendar ?)
(Mars,the new frontier…)

I use an array to put the day of the week name (so I have control on the case). I do the same for the month names. No space added in the arrays, the array are filled at (1), not (0). This is just me.

That would be the problem. Feedback manipulates the returned html to change the dates on the individual notes so that Today and Yesterday are done specially. If they return empty strings, the code logic breaks.