Favorite Versions of Linux for Xojo Apps?

Just out of curiosity, what’s the favorite version of Linux for Xojo? So far, I’ve only tested me apps with Linux Mint and Ubuntu and on my Raspberry Pi’s in both 32 and 64 bit ARM. I plan to test some other versions as time permits. I’m not a Linux Guru, so I do like something that’s reasonably user friendly like Mint and Ubuntu.

Do Xojo Apps run pretty consistently between the various Linux versions? Are there some versions that cause Xojo apps issues?

Anyway, which versions are best to target if you don’t have a specific user requirement?

Hi Steve. I don’t use Linux on my desktop, but on our RPi projects we use the following. We have torn off all UI and ‘desktop’ looking UI making it appear as nothing but a blue screen - to run a dedicated App that never quits. We’ve been running these little appliances for about 2+ years w/out issues (leaks, faults, or unexpected failures).

RASPBIAN STRETCH WITH DESKTOP
Image with desktop based on Debian Stretch

i400@fluidlink:~ $ cat /proc/version
Linux version 4.14.52-v7+ (dc4@dc4-XPS13-9333) (gcc version 4.9.3 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.22.0-88-g8460611)) #1123 SMP Wed Jun 27 17:35:49 BST 2018

Thanks William.

At this point I’m only thinking of Desktop apps. It’s cool what you are doing with the Pi’s though.

My favorite is Manjaro. I tried Mint but had problems printing directly to a printer. The system would crash. This was about 2 years ago. There are a lot of post in this forum regarding printing in LInux. I don’t know if the issue has been fixed or not. What I did was offer a PDF version of all my reports so the user could print from the default PDF app. When a user opens the app, if they are on Linux, the print buttons are hidden and they can only see the preview button. Others had other solutions. After testing numerous versions of Linux, Manjaro was the only one that had no printing issues within either the IDE or the compiled product.

I create desktop apps for Linux on Debian11 and for Gnome Desktop. It’s pretty smooth at this point, not like a few years ago.