External calendar services

My Google-Fu is failing me at the moment.

I was wondering if there is a Xojo add-on calendar control that links to both Google and Apple calendars?

I see that there are some excellent calendar controls around both free and commercial but I’m not seeing one that handles external services.

Am I right in thinking that Chilkat in addition to a calendar plug-in is my best bet?

Thanks in advance.

You re talking about two issues:

1. Calendar Controls in Xojo
    You have the free choice of several addon providers, I have chosen Einhugur (date/time pickers) and Jeremie Leroy (overview) for my apps.

2. CalDAV Connection to Calendar Services
    This is, what you can establish with CURLMBS or Xojo built-in functions as well.

That’s why I wrote the post above, I said that I could find solutions for each problem but not a combined one.

I wanted a calendar control that could be linked to Google and Apple calendars.

[quote=465951:@Tomas Jakobs]You re talking about two issues:

1. Calendar Controls in Xojo
    You have the free choice of several addon providers, I have chosen Einhugur (date/time pickers) and Jeremie Leroy (overview) for my apps.

2. CalDAV Connection to Calendar Services
    This is, what you can establish with CURLMBS or Xojo built-in functions as well.[/quote]

GraffitiWebCalendar/GraffitiCalendar supports ICSImport and ICSExport, as well as adding Google Calendars as an external source. I have just fixed an issue with Google Calendar support in the Web version, and that will be available in the next release.

Thank you Anthony, I’m a bit thick but looking at your documentation I can’t see if this does what I wanted.

From your documentation it looks like I can call a function that populates your calendar from Google, I was hoping for a solution that for example if I had a Thursday at 2PM meeting and it was dragged to Wednesday at 4PM then the calendar would be updated.

Can your product do this please?

Unfortunately not without refetching the events. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can I ask then is it bi-directional?

If a user drags an appointment as per the example I gave above in your plugin can I push that to the Google calendar?

Also, do you have any plans to support Apple Calendars too?

Thank you.

No, this is an import from Google Calendar via API key to GraffitiCalendarEvent objects. Likewise with support for ICS (iCal format). There is no updating of a remote server/API when changes are made.

Ok. Thank you Anthony.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

It’s fine - thank you for the quick responses.