Extend TextInputCanvas

Hi everyone,

i wrote a Library to create native plattform-independent Office-Files (.docx, .odt). But at this point, everything has to be coded. Are there any step by step Tutorials how to extend the TextInputCanvas?

• make it multiline
  • view of pages
  • paragraphs with/-out ParagraphStyles
  • characters with/-out CharacterStyles

The TextArea isn’t enough for me, because the Library is able to print out text in super-/subscript, shadowed, outlined, tables, Images etc.

I know Bob Keeneys FTC. But this doesn’t support tables, outlines etc. and Linux. And i don’t know, if i can bind my Library to this Control.

Greetings

are you looking to make an EDITOR that can support all of that?
or just a way to create a viewable/printable document?

If your goal is to create a document (one NOT editable at runtime), then check out gPDF, which can create PDF documents using the same graphic syntax as Xojo does, as a matter of fact it drops right in as native code (it is NOT a plugin).

www.rdS.com/gpdf

If you goal is to create an EDITOR then you have some work ahead of you :slight_smile:

Look into HTMLEdit from Tim Parnell http://htmledit.timi.me/

As HTML, it supports a large variety of text attributes.

Thanks David an Michel.

My goal is an Editor, yes. I’ve a working Library to create those Formats.

[quote=302618:@Michel Bujardet]Look into HTMLEdit from Tim Parnell http://htmledit.timi.me/

As HTML, it supports a large variety of text attributes.[/quote]
…it’s Not really an alternative for me, because it’s not working in Linux.

[quote=302603:@Martin Trippensee]
i wrote a Library to create native plattform-independent Office-Files (.docx, .odt). But at this point, everything has to be coded. Are there any step by step Tutorials how to extend the TextInputCanvas?[/quote]

Subclass it in your own project & start implementing the events & methods
About the same as subclassing a canvas to make your own custom control

Oh that’s good to know, thanks.