Exporting Project from PC to Mac

Hi everyone I’m still using 2012 r1.1 as it remains pretty stable.
I have created a real studio rbp file for a large project I am developing, on PC, which I want to transfer onto my mac.

I have many externally referenced files including image files and 2 external databases.
What is the easiest way of packaging the main project file and all the referenced external file so I can continue developing the project on my trusty mac?

I have already looked at individually locating each image file and copying it across seperately, there must be a quicker way…

Thanks for reading this

Maintain the same relative positions of things & copy the project to your mac
Open the project

norman, i don’t think you can do that since the path for windows and mac is different…

“C:\Development\Project\Images\ABCD.jpg” on window machine

and “Machintosh HD/Development/Project/Images/ABCD.jpg” on Mac machine

The “xojo_project” file has relative paths to various other files of the project. Have not used Mac, however it works fine on Windows and Linux to move the project to another folder (or other machine running Windows or Linux) and keep the relative location of project files the same with reference to location of “xojo_project” file.

[quote=144681:@Richard Duke]norman, i don’t think you can do that since the path for windows and mac is different…
“C:\Development\Project\Images\ABCD.jpg” on window machine
and “Machintosh HD/Development/Project/Images/ABCD.jpg” on Mac machine[/quote]
I do this nearly every day
I resolve one file & off the IDE goes and it resolves the rest

that is true… if it is one way windows to mac… or mac to window… but not when it is both way

I do it both ways quite frequently

Norman are you sure you’re not telling fibs? :wink:

Moving projects doesn’t even work between my 2 Macs. Some files are referenced with an absolute path. Works fine if the second computer can access the first computer. It takes 15 minutes or longer and lots of nice messages to get the project to open if the first computer can’t be accessed. Did a Feedback issue on that recently.

what i did instead is have the exact folder name… and it work absolutely fine…

instead of putting the ‘development’ folder under users, i put it directly on ‘Machintosh HD’

No one moves the project enclosing folder ?

That is what I do and like said Norman: all is OK (I have to locate one file, only one file).