I have 2016 v3. I know I can’t get updates but I CAN build OS X projects. When I check Windows, it says I need a build license. So why one and not the other.
What your bill is saying ?
which license cathegory did you purchase?
I dont know. The cheap one. $99 good for 1 year of updates.
here is the pop up window
It looks like you have a “Xojo Lite - Mac” license, you cannot build for Windows with this license. We do offer upgrades to Full Desktop (that does include cross-platform), if you have any questions about your options please contact us at email@example.com.
This answers your question.
For OS X only I suppose (based on what you wrote earlier).
Do you know that you can read your Bill online ?
Check your Licnese online ?
thanks Dana, and the cost to build for Windows? Or at least a link.
OK I see. For me, I should buy another LITE version for Windows for $99. Most cost effective.
It really depends on what you need. Your license is expired, if you only need Windows going forward you can get a Xojo Lite $99 - Windows license and build apps for Windows-only. If you do need cross-platform, look at the $299 Xojo Desktop license - with that you can build for macOS, Windows and Linux. You can view all of the options in the store.
I don’t know if I’m 100% sure, I just started learning Xojo.
- with 2016v3 will be able to build Mac projects for ever
- if a $99 license for Windows a new version of Xojo is needed I guess 2017r11
- will need to change the version to build for Mac or Windows
- the license only include SQLite support, no other database
With a $299 license:
- will be able to build Mac, Windows, Linux/Pi apps with Xojo 2017r11 and all the releases in 12 months
- will be able to use MySQL or other database
- can use 2016v3 to build Mac projects with old license
Am I right?
you should refresh your memory