Example Plugin does not build in xojo

Hello,

we built the example plugin project “Complete Class” in Visual Studio Express 12.
We got the dll, movedit to the plugins folder. Xojo does load it. We see it in auto complete.
Just with building a project using it, we get the error, that the class is not known.

On another Windows machine it does work with same DLL.

Is there anything that can be broken?
Please help.

Good morning,

I know that the Complete Class plugin example works in Visual Studio 2008, and haven’t had a chance to build the 2012 version.

The dll should be converted to an rbx file. Although there is some functionality that may work as a dll file, the file doesn’t seem stable and should be converted to rbx.

Within the Plugins->SDK folder are instructions on how to build the dll to rbx converter with Xojo.

Hope this helps,

Eugene

Its compiling perfectly in 2012 and when copied the dll to a different system its working ok. The problem is only in my development system

Hi,

I don’t know what to say. I compiled the project on 2012 on my development system and it also does not run. I ran a couple example class programs and they seem to work on development and other computers. The good news is that I can verify your issue, and unfortunately do not know what is wrong. I built the dll and converted it to an rbx and it didn’t work.

The class example is in a folder which says VS 2005 and it may be time for an update :slight_smile:

Sincerely,

Eugene

Could someone from xojo confirm and update the plugins

I don’t have VS2012 to test this, but the only thing I can think of is that it’s a dependency issue. Looking at the CompleteClass project I can tell it links the standard runtime library statically, so that’s ok, so it must be some dependencies in the Linker->Input. I would at least remove the odbc libraries from that list, those are not needed in this project.

All plugins in the plugins folder (removed all the Xojo database, server plugins) load correctly in the IDE, but a debug run fails. Xojo does not recognize the plugins, it generates errors such as:

Window1.myPluginInstance1.Name Layout (property name): There is no class with this name; Name
Window!.Name: Type mismatch error. Expected myPluginInstance, but got Variant; Window1

[quote=38567:@Alfred Van Hoek]All plugins in the plugins folder (removed all the Xojo database, server plugins) load correctly in the IDE, but a debug run fails. Xojo does not recognize the plugins, it generates errors such as:

Window1.myPluginInstance1.Name Layout (property name): There is no class with this name; Name
Window!.Name: Type mismatch error. Expected myPluginInstance, but got Variant; Window1[/quote]

this is windows, not mac.