Error on Build

I am getting the following when I tried to build to install on device. Anyone have any idea?

LaunchScreen.Name
2018-03-13 13:51:41.607 ibtoold[7977:1430654] [MT] IBPlatformTool: *** Failed to launch tool with description <IBCocoaTouchPlatformToolDescription: 0x7ff7dc80ac80> System content 2x for IBCocoaTouchFramework-NineOneAndLater: Failed to find or create execution context for description <IBCocoaTouchPlatformToolDescription: 0x7ff7dc80ac80> System content 2x for IBCocoaTouchFramework-NineOneAndLater (Failure reason: Software caused connection abort): Failed to find a suitable device for the type SimDeviceType : com.apple.dt.Xcode.IBSimDeviceType.iPad-2x with runtime SimRuntime : 10.3.1 (14E8301) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-10-3 (Failure reason: Failed to create SimDeviceSet at path /Users/bobgordon/Library/Developer/Xcode/UserData/IB Support/Simulator Devices. You’ll want to check the logs in ~/Library/Logs/CoreSimulator to see why creating the SimDeviceSet failed.): Failed to initialize simulator device set. (Failure reason: Failed to subscribe to notifications from CoreSimulatorService.): Error returned in reply to notification request: Connection invalid (Failure reason: Software caused connection abort)
2018-03-13 13:51:49.860 ibtoold[7977:1430654] [MT] IBPlatformTool: Wrote failed marshalling request diagnostics to path: /var/folders/gv/f9hwpcjj1vldfyq_pjk4tnsw0000gn/T/IB-agent-diagnostics_2018-03-13_13-51-49_632000

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> com.apple.ibtool.errors description Internal error. Please file a bug at bugreport.apple.com and attach "/var/folders/gv/f9hwpcjj1vldfyq_pjk4tnsw0000gn/T/IB-agent-diagnostics_2018-03-13_13-51-49_632000". underlying-errors description Failed to find or create execution context for description System content 2x for IBCocoaTouchFramework-NineOneAndLater failure-reason Software caused connection abort underlying-errors description Failed to find a suitable device for the type SimDeviceType : com.apple.dt.Xcode.IBSimDeviceType.iPad-2x with runtime SimRuntime : 10.3.1 (14E8301) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-10-3 failure-reason Failed to create SimDeviceSet at path /Users/bobgordon/Library/Developer/Xcode/UserData/IB Support/Simulator Devices. You'll want to check the logs in ~/Library/Logs/CoreSimulator to see why creating the SimDeviceSet failed. underlying-errors description Failed to initialize simulator device set. failure-reason Failed to subscribe to notifications from CoreSimulatorService. underlying-errors description Error returned in reply to notification request: Connection invalid failure-reason Software caused connection abort

LaunchScreen

Are you using Xcode9 and if so, are you using a version of Xojo that works with Xcode 9?

Dave,

That was it. The problem was that I apparently got an update to Xcode 9. I renamed the app Xcode 9.0.1, and now Xojo finds Xcode 8 (which is simply named Xcode.app).

Hope this helps someone else.

-Bob

A further update.

The problem happened again. I think because I had Xcode 9 open when I did a build. That version seemed to “stick” even when I closed it. I trashed Xcode 9 and restarted the computer. Things are building successfully again.

Now to get past the entitlement problem so I can install it.

-Bob

I don’t recall the exact Xojo version… but up to a very recent version… you had to have Xcode 8 installed.

Xcode 9 has a huge amount of differences especially when it comes to the iOS Simulator (as in the ability to simulate an Xcode app on multiple devices at once, something that could not be done with Xcode 8 or below)

Renaming Xcode is not the right way to do this :slight_smile: Just run xcode-select as we use xcrun to run most cmd line tools and that only gets set right when you use xcode-select.

Or, there is a place in Xcode Preferences where you can set this:

https://blog.xojo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/1Xcode.png

Jason,

Not that I can see in 2017 R3.

-Bob

That setting is in Xcode not Xojo.