ERROR ITMS-90167: "No .app bundles found in the package"

I’m getting this error when trying to submit an update of our iOS app to the App Store:

I’m using Xojo 2016r3 on Sierra, and have downloaded the updated codesigning module for 2016r3. The app builds fine, but when using Application Loader 3.0 to submit it I’m getting this error.

I’m getting this too. This is the first time I’ve tried submitting my app using 2016r3. I am also on Sierra.

This Stackoverflow article blames it on an earlier version of Sierra but I’m running the GM.

I went back and compiled & submitted the app on an El Capitan machine using 2016r3 and everything seemed to work fine. Hopefully you have a non-updated machine/VM laying around somewhere…

I heard that you have to build with Xcode 7.x (do you in Xojo) and then use Xcode 8 to submit to the App Store.

They really don’t test their shit any more.

I’m away from the office for a few days but when I get back I’m going to try the current Xcode beta in case that fixes it, then I’ll try Xcode 7.x.

Which version of Xcode are you using ?

I’m on macOS Sierra with
Xcode 8
updated Xojo for the code signing issue
Application Loader 3.6

and I was able to Build and upload without any problem a few minutes ago.

If you have Xcode 8, you’ll find application loader 3.6 here:

Strange. The one you download from iTunes Connect is version 3.0 and that’s the one I have on my computer, but you’re right if you access it from the Xcode menu it is a different version that’s contained within the Xcode app package. I’ve already successfully had the app built/uploaded/reviewed using El Capitan so I don’t want to mess with it, but I’ll try that for the next version.

I can confirm that accessing Application Loader 3.6 (1020) from Xcode’s Open Developer Tool menu, as posted above by @JrmieLeroy , gets around this issue on Sierra. The version of Application Loader in my Applications folder was 3.0 (620) so it seems that older version no longer works.

In the interest of completeness, I also had the ITMS-90474 issue discussed here and the change to the Info.plist resolved it.

[quote=292493:@Jason Tait]I can confirm that accessing Application Loader 3.6 (1020) from Xcode’s Open Developer Tool menu, as posted above by @Jérémie Leroy , gets around this issue on Sierra. The version of Application Loader in my Applications folder was 3.0 (620) so it seems that older version no longer works.

In the interest of completeness, I also had the ITMS-90474 issue discussed here and the change to the Info.plist resolved it.[/quote]

I just uploaded a MacOS app using Application Loader 3.0 (originally downloaded earlier this year) on Sierra. It went through fine and is just waiting review now. Could it be just an iOS thing with 3.0?

Oh sure, I can’t find any references to any issues with MacOS apps. I assume this is an iOS thing.