encodeBase64, decodeBase64 Broken in 2019r3?


In programs that use decodeBase64 i get an error like

[code]Compilation of “program_name” failed

plugin “RBInternetEncodings.xojo_plugin:0” is not supported in Linux


plugin “RBInternetEncodings.xojo_plugin:0” is not supported for Mac Cocoa[/code]

When building/running (this is macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Even the documentation sample fails ( http://documentation.xojo.com/api/text/encoding_text/decodebase64.html )

[code]Var encoded, decoded As String
encoded = EncodeBase64(“How now brown cow.”, 0)
decoded = DecodeBase64(encoded)


I’ve deleted caches, tried without plugins, download Xojo again, clear caches, no plugins, and the same always.

Any idea?


Works fine here. Did you restart your computer? Have you tried the MBS function with the same name? It’s way faster than the Xojo code anyways.

I tried restarting and the same… Anyway i forgot to say this happens in 2 Macs (Both Catalina) One with Xojo Licensed and other without License active.
Later at home will try with one machine i have with Mojave… just to try

Oh, I forgot, I have a MBS License, but just using this to the license hidding code Christian provides to hide the strings.

@JosMaraTerryJimnez When you have a problem with a plugin (possibly built-in), try emptying the cache.

I removed caches from ~/Library/Caches/Xojo/version and cleared with the preferences button, reinstalled a fresh download copy of Xojo 2019r3 in 2 different computers and tried even without 3dr party plugins… Always the same.

Am i missing something to clear caches?

@JosMaraTerryJimnez You did right imho. Sorry but I don’t have other suggestion

Hi @JosMaraTerryJimnez

Are you starting latest Xojo release from it’s own folder (previously copied to the Apps folder), or are you putting the Xojo IDE app on a previous release folder? I know it can be a silly questionbut just trying to figure out why you are having this problem

Just tried a fresh Xojo Install under Catalina and your code snippet works ok here.

Javier’s reply made me thought. I extract the complete folder “Xojo 2019 Release 3” from .dmg, not over old installation, BUT not directly in /Applications but in /Applications/Instaladas/Programacin . Note the accented ‘’ in the last folder.

I Guess that may be a problem (encoding or something) and renamed to Programacion (without accent in the final “o”) and it directly worked. So, something is broken with “special” characters in paths in 2019r3.

Will fill a Feedback case.

Thanks all that helped to solve this.

let us know the case # when you do as this is a pretty significant regression in folderitems

Feedback case: <https://xojo.com/issue/58903>