Embedding Vimeo videos in HTMLViewer

Hi all,

I have some video tutorials for my application that I’d like to display within the app itself. I have an interface that allows the user to select their video, then it loads the embed code for the video, hosted on Vimeo, in an HTMLViewer.

Problem is, the Vimeo video player doesn’t seem to work in an HTMLViewer. It keeps saying “The player is having trouble. We’ll have it back up and running as soon as possible.”

I have tried changing the UserAgent string to “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36” and it has not helped.

I also should mention that it works perfectly on MacOS so I know my embed code is fine, it’s something specific to the Windows chromium implementation.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Probably that it hasn’t been upgraded by Xojo in a while.

Maybe you can copy never versions of libcef and see if that does the trick. I have never tried and maybe I am so wrong here… just, coming up with ideas

That was a good idea! Unfortunately it seems to break the HTMLViewer completely. Thanks for the thought though.

Our WebView2ControlMBS control seems to work and plays a video here on Vimeo website.

1 Like

Thanks @Christian_Schmitz, I sent you an email earlier today because I was not able to get it to work. Do you think you could post an example project so I can see what I am doing wrong?

@Christian_Schmitz Disregard, I got it to work, thanks!

Somehow my Webview2ControlMBS had scripts disabled. That will indeed break most things, hehe.

2 Likes

Great, that you got it to work. Enjoy