Embed Web inside XOJO app

Hi, I’m new with XOJO, I’m reading the documentation and I’m not sure if I can do what I want with xojo, that’s why I ask the experts :slight_smile:

I have a website in html (with hundreds of pages) and I just want to embed it in an executable for Mac (should not load the html from a remote server). The user must be able to browse the web (html and pdfs) and print. Is it possible to do this with xojo?

I have created a project with a single page and it displays and prints fine, but … is it possible to do it with hundreds of pages linked together?

Any hint is welcome!

Thanks a lot!

You can actually copy the entire site into a folder, within the Resources folder. To do that, use a Copy File step.

Then point to the main page of the site.

Something like (typed in the forum):

Var myIndex as FolderItem = SpecialFolder.Resources.child("index.html")
HTMLViewer1.LoadURL(myindex.URLPath)

Thanks a lot Michel, but the html files must be inside the app… if possible encrypted, and I think the specialfolder is a public folder. I need to embed a lot of html files inside the executable and navigate between them like a real web server but in local.

SpecialFolder ### From Xojo Documentation

Used to get a [FolderItem] for a specific folder or directory managed by the host operating system

Any other hint is very welcome!

SpecialFolder.Resources is what you want.

If you want to encrypt the html files you need to use an SQLite database or a virtual volume.

This item was deprecated in version 2019r3

1 Like

https://documentation.xojo.com/api/cryptography/crypto.html

Good luck :smiley:

You do not say it is encrypted…