ElfData license?

I need to list out all 3rd party IP (intellectual property) thats included in our application with Xojo.

One of those applications is the ElfData plug-in. The other is Theodore Smith, and the site is elfdata.com,
when I go to the following:

http://www.elfdata.com/plugin/licence.html

This is a broken link.

Then I found this…

http://www.elfdata.com/plugin/

Which indicates that the Plug-in is discontinued.

All I need is a EULA for this, or the license to be included in my EULA wrap for our product which a customer has asked us for
before they purchase the product.

Does anybody have that original license, and if the author reads this, please contact me directly?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary,

See if You can reach the guy via e-mail:
““Theodore_H_Smith@elfdata.com””

(Remove the “”)

Thanks Dennis. I’ve emailed him, no response. He’s replied here before, so I’m hoping he sees this.

Gary,

Check out his new site and see if You can reach him:
http://jeebox.org/

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

Wow… I just received email back from him. One sentence.

“stop contacting me.”

Now what do I do?

Unless someone has a copy with the license in it you might be SOL

Just curious what you used ElfData for and maybe it could be removed (since the plugin is not longer supported) and replaced with something that is

Write back to him and say “Who’s contacting you? Signed, Erin Andrews”.

A few years back, exchanges between him and Charles Yeomans on the NUG were “interesting”

I don’t know how someone could release a plug-in (read: software) to the public commercially or for non-commercial use.
Then take the tactic of allowing people to still use it after it was discontinued – but then tell people not to contact you.

Some of the worst business people I know on the planet are programmers.

It astounds me.

[quote=64714:@Norman Palardy]Unless someone has a copy with the license in it you might be SOL

Just curious what you used ElfData for and maybe it could be removed (since the plugin is not longer supported) and replaced with something that is[/quote]

We have decided to remove this support from our product (its on Windows). However, now I need to find a solution that does string manipulations (searching, replacing and concatenating) to replace this with.

Any ideas?

[quote=64776:@Gary MacDougall]We have decided to remove this support from our product (its on Windows). However, now I need to find a solution that does string manipulations (searching, replacing and concatenating) to replace this with.

Any ideas?[/quote]

what type of string manipulations are you looking at/for? there are a few options out there.

[quote=64776:@Gary MacDougall]Any ideas?
[/quote]

Yeah, stick with standard things that rely on basic fundamentals of computer science.

[quote=64776:@Gary MacDougall]We have decided to remove this support from our product (its on Windows). However, now I need to find a solution that does string manipulations (searching, replacing and concatenating) to replace this with.
[/quote]
Regex ?
Kems done a ton of work with his string utilities

Thats one way to describe it :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.mactechnologies.com/index.php?page=downloads#m_string is one of the string modules out there. I know there are others but dont have the URLs handy.

What we’re doing is a large query from a SQL Server database. It comes back in an ADO XML record set format.
Could be huge – which we don’t have a lot of control over (limiting the amount is not an option).

We then parse that XML and replace some tags and attributes, and manipulate it before we save it to a SQLite DB.

ElfData was used for the fast search and replace part, as well as speeding up the concatenation.

depending on what you are searching/replacing, a good RegEx could do it fairly quickly. Kem is the resident RegEx expert. The RegExMBS engine is faster than the native RegEx but both worth very well.

I’ll take a look at the RegExMBS – we own MBS.

Thanks Scott!

Happy to help if you need it.