Einhugur Plugin Releases (2019)

ExcelReader 1.3.1 is out.

ExcelReader is Xojo Component read Excel documents in Xojo applications (xlsx files)

The ExcelReader can read basic data from the document and some formatting as well.

The ExcelReader requires the Einhugur e-CrytptIt Engine and TypeLib plugins.

New in 1.3.1:

Fixed a bug when with Date cells on Windows systems

More info at www.einhugur.com

SearchControl 2.1.8 is out

New in 2.1.8:

Fixed Windows and Linux issue where sometimes you got too many TextChanged and search events.

Hello Björn. Thank you for the update. Is this the same version i’ve already tested?

Any news on a TreeView for DarkMode?

Testing the new SearchControl
Just noticed this on Windows 10 with Hi-DPI, the edit field is offset to the left and covers half of the spyglass icon while entering text.
This may have occurred in previous versions but I don’t have many people using Hi-DPI on Windows yet.

[quote=452071:@Richard White]Testing the new SearchControl
Just noticed this on Windows 10 with Hi-DPI, the edit field is offset to the left and covers half of the spyglass icon while entering text.
This may have occurred in previous versions but I don’t have many people using Hi-DPI on Windows yet.[/quote]

I will have it looked into Richhard, do you know what HIDPI setting you had ?

Thanks

Not yet I’m afraid. There will be at least one more non dark mode version (was supposed to come last week, but I got a bit caught up so this I guess.

I had hoped to be able to easy in dark mode slowly in, but the SDK’s don’t mix at all so it will probably come all at once.

I was using Windows 10 under Parallels “best for Retina” mode and windows DPI setting shows 350% (4096x2304)

PictureButton plugin for Xojo version 4.5.2 is out.

Version 4.5.2 adds support for next generation of Xojo.

The PictureButton control is to create more platform consistent Picture-buttons but yet having it work well cross platform.

[b]We just released minor tweak fixes for e-CryptIt Engine for Xojo and CoreClasses for Xojo.

e-CryptIt Engine as a plugin to do Compression, Hashing, Encryption, and all sorts of File encodings.
The CoreClasses plugin is a plugin with basic structures and algorithms and base support plugin for other Einhugur Plugins.

New in e-CryptIt Engine 13.3:[/b]
Made the ZStreamReader more defensive if custom stream is providing more bytes than the compressor is asking for.
Adjusted Minimum macOS required, as it was higher than needed.

New in CoreClasses 7.0.2:
Fixed minimum macOS target version problem.

[b]TreeView plugin 7.7.6 for Xojo is out

New in version 7.7.6:[/b]
*Text will now truncate if not fitting in the cells.

• Got the TreeView to build on much newer Xcode to prep for dark mode version.

The TreeView is a Xojo control plugin to create tree views.

ExcelWriter 1.6 is out.

ExcelWriter is a plugin for Xojo to enable your applications to write native Excel documents without having Excel installed.

Main features:

Native modern xlsx file format
Full UTF8 support
Works on all platforms, and Excel application does not need to be present
Formulas
Formatting
Graphs
Pictures
Data validation
And much much more

New in version 1.6:
Fixed critical crash problem with the X_Axis property on the chart class.<
Compiled against much newer library which we got under the hood

more info at www.einhugur.com

CalendarControl 8.0 for Xojo is out

CalendarControl isa plugin to have on screen Calendar where you can have marked days with data behind them and other such things.

CalendarControl should not be confused with DatePicker which is mort of like our DateControl for Xojo.

New in version 8.0:
New: Added SizeMode property letting the control have 3 different size modes now. 1x, 1.5x and 1.5x wide.
New: Added DarkHeaderWindows property (default true).
New: Added DarkHeaderLinux property (default true).
Change: Control is now slightly rounded on Windows and Linux systems when not having any frame.
Change: Changed the DrawFrame property to DrawFrameMac (default true).
New: Added DrawFrameWindows property (default false).
New: Added DrawFrameLinux property (default false).
New: Improved unicode support in when day and month names are auto-localised on Windows systems.
Fix: Fixed issue on Windows and Linux systems where special day headers and the style called Both styles were not working as expected.
Change: When doing custom localisation then you now need to provide 3 letter day names if the control is in wide mode.

CalendarControl shown on macOS Mojave Dark Light Mode, macOS Mojve Dark mode, Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux.

When upgrading your projects then be sure to configure the DrawFrame and DarkHeader properties.
Because we removed old property then Xojo cannot put sensible value into the new properties
When updating older projects.

Usually you will want Frame on Mac, No frame on Windows and Linux.

I wanted to also look into alternate selection model as has somewhat been promised to some but
this revamp proved to be much bigger bite than expected making it hard to do more in one round without breaking everything.

Einhugur SQLite Plugin 1.0 is out

This plugin was sitting half finished for some years, as I saw little value in it, and little that it was offering. But now it has been completed and it is offering some nice features, which are different than the build in Xojo Implementation.

Xojo Inc was kind enough to allow us to migrate their Example projects so it would be easier for users to realize the syntax differences.

Main features differing from the Built in Xojo implementation:

• Different encryption scheme for encrypted databases.*
• Ability to handle Upper and Lower with non US ACSII letters, no need for huge plugin linking to ICU and no need to link to external library for it.
• Case insensitive collation can be enabled that can handle non US ASCII letters for collation related things, such as sorting
• Bonus functions in your SQL code, such as NthField and CountFields
• All sorts of callback delegates so you can have control on different level.
• Execute scalar convenience functions.
• And many other small things.

[i]When using the database in encrypted mode then the encryption scheme uses: Cipher ChaCha20 Authentication Poly1305 Key derivation PBKDF2 - HMAC - SHA256

Encrypted Databases made with the Xojo default implementation are not compatible to the scheme of this plugin.[/i]

CalendarControl 8.1 for Xojo is out

CalendarControl isa plugin to have on screen Calendar where you can have marked days with data behind them and other such things.

CalendarControl should not be confused with DatePicker which is mort of like our DateControl for Xojo.

New in version 8.1:
Added BrowseMode property for optional browse mode which enables you to browse around without making selection.
Added MonthOnScreen read only property.
Added YearOnScreen read only property.
Added BrowseTo method.
Added BrowseToSelection method.
Added special version of the control for Xojo 2019r2 and later API 2.0 which deals with new style DateTime instead of Date structure.
Did some more minor tweaks.

CalendarControl in the new Browse Mode shown on macOS

Will you do the same with the DateControl please? Thank you Björn :slight_smile:

DateControl 8.0 is out

New in 8.0:
Added special version of the control for Xojo 2019r2 and later API 2.0 which deals with new style DateTime instead of Date structure.
Fixed problem where sometimes the empty date checkbox was clickable when the control was disabled.
Added Version constant to the control to support Xojo conditional compile macros.

[b]DateControl (Not to be confused with the CalendarControl) is to create a date selection control on Xojo desktop applications.

The Control format is displayed according to control panel date settings.
[/b]

We just released minor tweak fixes for e-CryptIt Engine for Xojo

e-CryptIt Engine as a plugin to do Compression, Hashing, Encryption, and all sorts of File encodings.
The CoreClasses plugin is a plugin with basic structures and algorithms and base support plugin for other Einhugur Plugins.

New in e-CryptIt Engine 13.34:
Removed deprecated macOS FSFork API’s from the ZStream classes.
Fixed macOS 64 bit issue with ZStreamReader returning error code after reading.

ENet Plugin 1.6 for Xojo is out.

ENet’s purpose is to provide a relatively thin, simple and robust network communication layer on top of UDP (User Datagram Protocol). The primary feature it provides is optional reliable, in-order delivery of packets. ENet is used a lot in gaming. See more about ENet at http://enet.bespin.org/.

New in version 1.6:
Compiled with newer ENet libraries.
Fixed issue where MacOS Catalina thought the plugin segments were not code signed.
Added Version constants to all classes in the plugin to aid conditional compile Macros.

[b]CalendarControl 8.2 is out

New in 8.2:[/b]
New : Added RectangularBodyWindows property
New : Added RectangularBodyLinux property
New : Added Version constant, to help with conditional compile macros.
Fix: Fixed problem with 3 letter auto localisation on macOS systems.
Fix: Fixed problem with 1 letter and 3 letter auto localisation on Linux systems.
Fix : Fixed problem on Windows systems where the control was using API’s that Xojo 2016r4 and older did not know about.
Change : On Windows when having Xojo 2016r4 or older then it now forces rectangular look.