Einhugur PDF Plugin with Xojo 2013r3.3

I am writing an app in which I need to support MacOS 10.6.8 in which I need to use the PDF plugin… To target 10.6.8 I need to use Xojo 2013r3.3

I tried both 2.0 and 1.9 versions, but Xojo crashes on startup if I put either or them and the #typelib that came with them in the plugin folder.

Is there a version of the PDF plugin that will work with Xojo 2013r3.3? I did not keep any of the earlier ones to try

Thanks.
-Karen

Would Ashers ancient code do ?

They would work and I have used his open source classes in the past, but this also needs to run on more modern equipment and I would rather not have to resort to that, and have not used them in a few years.

I wont’s get to the report writing stage until next week… So hopefully Bjorn will chime in with a positive answer before then!

-Karen

1 Like

MBS Xojo DynaPDF Plugin in current version would work.
We support 2006r4 to 2020r1, over 14 years of REALbasic/Xojo.

1 Like

I have an old MBS DynaPD (starter?) from an old Omegabundle, however I find Bjorn’s class meets all my needs and for the most part is more capable than the New Xojo solution, except for a one thing IMO. Also Bjorn’s plugin for me is easier to use/understand and much cheaper to keep current compared to the MBS DynaPDF plugin, and that cost includes the rest of the Einhugur plugins…

For those reasons I would rather not use the MBS solution for this. (A project that will also not earn me any money)

-Karen

1 Like

Don’t confuse price for new with update…

But anyway, enjoy Xojo and the plugins!

Hello Karen

(This post would be great on our support portal so we get the post for sure, but this time I saw it so all good)

Ok…so I went in the back versions…

Version 1.0 of the plugin has requirement of 2013r4.1.

If its hard requirement because of some new features that came in Xojo at the time, or because our test matrix at the time did not go further down I do not know. Though given its so specific, to 2013r41 then its very likely its hard requirement on some Xojo SDK feature that came then.

But I can put 1.0 somewhere for you if you want to see what happens ?? And if that works then I could put some more so you can try higher version to get some more features.

1.1, 1.2, 1.2.2, 1.2.4, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 all have same requirement marked. But TypeLib version requirement goes up between versions.

3 Likes

Thanks,
I appreciate that. Let me know where.

-Karen

I put version 1.0 and 1.1 in the archives to begin with:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmeKIsBCQHA5uCjQ9kxu3jrRkjxg?e=JhDzLq

Those don’t even support compression yet which simplifies the compatibility. Try those first (using the TypeLib that comes with them) If it works then we can try going a little newer version. Though I am a bit doubtful that it can work without going 2013r4.1.

1 Like

1.0 crashes Xojo 2013r3.3 so I guess the earliest Mac OS I can target using that plugin is 10.7

Thanks,
-Karen

Ah yes, and I think Bjorn raised his renewal price a bit… BUT you also get all of his plugins for that price and it does not matter how long ago you bought or renewed, whereas for you, if it’s more than year you have to buy a two year renewal…

So for my limited needs, buying the Einhugur plugin set to get the PDF plugin makes more sense, as I also use a number of the other ones.

Given the difference in renewal policies, in the long run it can still be cheaper to get the Einhugur plugin set than buying DynaPDF Starter alone from you.

-Karen