Easy and fast solution to keep track of bugs/feature requests

So I am at the point where I need to start filtering, ordering and logging the bug reports and feature requests from my clients.

I really don’t have much time for this, so the quick and dirty way is acceptable.

And it has to be free, so my first choice is a google form approach.

Any other ideas ?
Thanks

Check out Mantis - a web based bug tracker system
https://www.mantisbt.org/

Demo: https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/

I made my own. never found something that suited my needs. too complex or not enough !
Xojo is nice to make it !

Redmine is way easier to use than Mantis. I have used the Bitnami installers for quite a while.

hola roman. te sugiero enfaticamente que uses google keep. es muy sencillo de usar, gratis, basado en la nube, multidispositivo y es todo lo complejo o facil que quieras. ademas es practico porque no es necesario acceder desde una pc, simplemente donde sea que ests pods tomar nota… estes o no online. para mi necesidad/gusto no hay nada mejor

?

roman speak spanish

from deepl.com–> hello roman. i strongly suggest you use google keep. it’s very easy to use, free, cloud-based, multi-device and it’s as complex or easy as you want. it’s also practical because you don’t need to access from a pc, just wherever you are you can take note… this or not online. for my need/taste there is nothing better

Create a project with a Listbox to keep the list of bug(s) as names,
Add a TextArea to keep the bug description
Add a Canvas to keep screen shots,

and eventually, set a number for each bug.

Store everything in a SQLite db (or your preffered db).

Add a Search Feature, and you will be done.

Of course, the faster you squash the reported bugs, the easier to deal with them it will be. If you are a it too slow (or, unfortunately some bugs takes days / weeks… to be removed), you can have too many bugs to deal with after some months.

If you start to have many bugs, you will have to enter an Urgency method to classify the bugs to remove right now to the bugs that can wait a bit.

You can eventually add a RadioButton to display only the not removed Bugs (and the second RadioButton to display all reported bugs).

Take this for a base for your own bug dedicated application.

I stop now before I have a five pages explanations document (to a Six Months development time area).

Start small and watch where you will be going after sometimes.

I started like that with a small minimalist app.
then I added features when I need them
it took some months to fit the needs, but it’s usable very soon.

Very nice (not what I had in mind, but who cares if it fit the needs !).

I note that I forgot the Status, etc. (probably).

thanks everybody for your suggestions…

The problem is, I have two requirements :

1. The solution must be open (view and edit) to end users, so I need to setup an online DB
  2. The solution must create and expose a ticket number to the end user.

It is quite similar to feedback app we all know…

Still haven’t found an easy solution… I guess I should create my own webapp… (but my hosting plan does not support cgi scripts…) sigh…

My company uses two different apps for this type of tracking, Redmine and RT from Best Practical. My personal preference is RT but it is probably more than you need, so Redmine would be a very good choice.

Hosted Redmine isn’t that expensive. I pay less than 10 € a month. It really depends if you want to put effort in your solution or money. For me I just want something to track my bugs.

Found a solution that fits…

https://github.com/osTicket

Thanks everybody

[quote=414170:@Roman Varas]Found a solution that fits…

https://github.com/osTicket

Thanks everybody[/quote]
What do you think of osTicket? We’re looking at it for our support system, as well. Our existing solution is 14 years old and doesn’t working on newer Linux OSes and the older OS it DOES run on won’t run on new hardware without a lot of surgery.

Well, until now I can say it’s been very easy to install and configure. The interface is also very easy and intuitive.
I didn’t try other ticketing systems but I think it’s quite extensive. The options it has cover all the cases I might need.

What platform are you running it on?

It’s deployed on my web server. The whole thing It’s a php sript, running on a Linux (I guess) server.