Dreaded No Profiles Problem

Using Xcode 10 and Xojo 2018.4.

On building for store I get the “No profiles for … were found.” error.

Saturday, all of a sudden, I couldn’t even build to install locally. I think a certificate expired. I set up a new certificate, and did something suggested in another Forum discussion, and that problem was resolved.

I have downloaded and installed a profile for the app in question.

Questions:

Is there any way to see what profiles are on the computer these days? In previous versions of Xcode, they were visible there or in a folder in the Library. I ask because it might be useful to get rid of all the old stuff.

Is there current info on how to deal with this?

-Bob

Problem solved.

1. How to locate Provisioning Profiles: They are in ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles. There are two things about this: First, note that this is not the Library folder that directly visible on the drive. It’s the one in your user folder. Second, it’s invisible. To make things visible, type Cmd-Shift-. (That’s Command Shift Period) in the Finder. You’ll know it worked because you’ll see a bunch of new folder items. To hide the invisible items, type Cmd-Shift-. again.

2. What I did:

I found the Provisioning Profiles and removed them from the folder (see above). I also checked in Keychain Access and removed an out of date certificate.

Then, to the Apple site (Account) to generate a new Development profile (actually used my Xojo wildcard for this) and a new Distribution profile. Downloaded and installed same.

Things appear to be okay now.

Hope this helps someone.