Drawers

Hello,

I actually adapt my applications to Xojo and Cocoa. For one application I used drawers. As I see now, these are not supported by the cocoa framework. My Question is, is this a limitation in the actual framework and will be implemented in a later version. Or must I change my application.

[quote=8599:@Manfred Richter]Hello,

I actually adapt my applications to Xojo and Cocoa. For one application I used drawers. As I see now, these are not supported by the cocoa framework. My Question is, is this a limitation in the actual framework and will be implemented in a later version. Or must I change my application.[/quote]

Given the decline of drawers on OS X and the effort required to implement this, it was decided that drawers would not be making an appearance in the Cocoa framework.

Thank you for this quick answer. This is not good for me because I use them - but I can understand it and there were problems with Windows and Linux with them.

Drawers are a bad practice now-a-days. They look ugly and are so unintuitive. Its a good think Apple deprecated them imo. :slight_smile:

they look ugly and are so unintuitive

Utter nonsense. In some situations drawers are the best solution. Unfortunately RS never implemented them properly (for example you could open a drawer in code, but not close it).

P.S. I especially like them to optionally display info on selected rows in a listbox. But you have to roll your own cross-platform replacement.

Hello,

i used them also to displayed additional info and for entering some special information. But there seems to be only less situations where this makes sense. And because they are not on Windows and Linux available it is difficult to make platform independent software with them.