Do Apps 'expire' when Apple developers subscription expires?

If I develop an iOS app and deploy it to my iPhone, will it remain functional irrespective of my Apple developers subscription status?

Thanks

Chris

An app deployed to the App Store remains viable once deployed as far as I know.
However without an active developers account you will not be able to deploy updates or new apps.

But due to a change they made recently in Xcode you will still be able to deploy to your own devices for testing etc.

CAVEAT… The way XOJO interacts with XCODE for testing/compiling etc, may or may not affect some of what I said… but regardless no developer account will still equal no new deployment to the store

Thanks for the reply Dave. That answers my question. What I was concerned about is for one-off app development - the customer won’t have any interruptions of use after I install the app on the their device.

I’d pose this question to Apple. Since all of the App Store payment is done through your account, you may not be able to receive payment once your account expires.

[quote=234030:@Chris O’Brien]If I develop an iOS app and deploy it to my iPhone, will it remain functional irrespective of my Apple developers subscription status?

Thanks

Chris[/quote]

Those who have it download will be able to use it but its pulled from the app store.

https://developer.apple.com/support/renewal/

Expired Memberships
If your Apple Developer Program membership expires, your apps will no longer be available for download and you will not be able to submit new apps or updates. You will lose access to pre-release software, Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, and Technical Support Incidents. However, your apps will still function for users who have already installed or downloaded them, and you will still have access to iTunes Connect and free development resources.

If your Apple Developer Enterprise Program membership expires, your apps will no longer be available for download and will no longer function for those who have already installed or downloaded them. You will still have access to free development resources.

iOS Developer University Program memberships do not expire.

by this you actually mean… “After my customer downloads it from the Apple Store” right?
since the only way YOU could load it on their device is either via TestFlight (which installs expire after a period of time)
or by connecting their device to your computer and synching directly… which is technically a violation, but more so a security/privacy risk for both you and your customer.