Disk I/O error

Hi my app uses SQL Lite files. When working in my app I did a save and got a Disk I/O error.

My Questions:

• what causes a disk I/O error?
  • If that occurs will the Mac OS just zap the file as if it never existed?
  • can you edit a file in the trash or will Mac not allow that?

AFter the disk I/O error I had to Force Quit my app to get out of the loop of the error popping up.
AFter that we could not find the file on his mac by searching for it on his hard drive.

[code]what causes a disk I/O error?[/code]

A number of things. We could better answer that if you show the code where the error occurred
If that occurs will the Mac OS just zap the file as if it never existed?
If it occurs when you are trying to create a file, the file will not be created. If the file already exists, it will most likely remain unchanged.
can you edit a file in the trash or will Mac not allow that?
Not allowed. Pull it out

What was the exact wording of the error? Are you able to reproduce it?

this is always a important thing to know.

also, is the disk “local” as in the machine itself? or is it a shared disk (as in NFS, AFS, iSCSI, AOE, FCoE, SMB/CIFS, etc)? is the disk a SaaS (Storage as a Service, like DropBox, OneDrive, etc)?

what were you trying to do when the error occurred?

[quote=171002:@scott boss]this is always a important thing to know.[/quote] [url=http://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/27sdtj/three_engineers_are_riding_in_a_car/ci44vnx]A physicist, an engineer and a programmer were in a car driving over a steep alpine pass when the brakes failed...[/url]