I was reading xojo is available for development and testing for free. What difference then is the paid for one.
Thanks for your time.
Buying a license allows you to build applications for deployment.
Additionally, if you purchase a license that is not the Single Lite or Raspberry Pi license, you can save your projects in a version control software friendly text format.
Ok so I could make applications for my own windows pc but not actually use them, just develop and test.
You could use them as well but only running within the development environment, not as standalone.
That is true without a license. With a license depending on the type of license, you can make and build applications for others too.
FREE IDE version
- write any/all code you want for the platforms that you have
- freely run, test and use said code, but ONLY from within the development environment
- you cannot compile it to a stand-alone application, and you cannot deploy it for others to use without releasing the full source code to them
- you can only save your projects in BINARY format, not in XML or VCS(text) formats
- all of the above
- the ability to compile to one or more platforms (depending on which license you buy)
- this allows you to deploy a stand-alone application for others to use, or yourself without needing the Xojo IDE running
- you can save your code in all Three(3) formats , Binary. XML and VCS(text) [Lite version is Binary Only, same as “Free”]
either version gives you access to this forum and the expert volunteers that spend way too much of their own time here
Ok thanks very much for your replys will have a think but quite a bit for a hobby.
Dave, very clear.
Maybe the only thing I would change is #4 from paid license, the Lite version will only let you save in binary.
Depends. I didn’t buy a licence for a couple of years, until I felt reasonably certain that I wasn’t going to hit some show-stopping problem that would mean I couldn’t finish what I had started.
I tried a car (*) a couple of years
Dont you think it is a bit exaggerated ?
Replace car with what you want (prefer).