determine browser type and version

Hello,

how could I determine the version and type of a users browser?

So I would need need:
Type: Firefox
Version: 27

or

Type: Internet Explorer
Version: 10

etc.

I was playing with

[code]webpage.shown()
Select Case Session.Browser

Case WebSession.BrowserType.Firefox
MsgBox(“Firefox V.” + WebSession.BrowserVersion )
end select
[/code]

But here I get “This item does not exist” for WebSession.BrowerVersion

MsgBox("Firefox V."  + Session.BrowserVersion )

Hello Michel,

thank you very much, works well!

Do you know how to determine the OS of the client (Windows 7, Windows 2008 etc. ?)

thanks
Heinz

[quote=124474:@Heinz Wieczorek]Hello Michel,

thank you very much, works well!

Do you know how to determine the OS of the client (Windows 7, Windows 2008 etc. ?)

thanks
Heinz[/quote]

look at the Session.Header( “User-Agent” ) to see what it reports it as. But some hosts lie.

Hi Scott,

works perfect… thank you!

Safari allows you to change the UserAgent values…

most browsers do native to the browser itself. Other allow you to change it via plugin/addon.

it is common in corporate environments to have the browser lie. There is always one (or more) app that wont recognize a modern browser and ask you to upgrade to Netscape or something as bad. So the corporate overlords, change the default browser string to say something like “Netscape 2.0” or equally awful.

[quote=124879:@scott boss]most browsers do native to the browser itself. Other allow you to change it via plugin/addon.

it is common in corporate environments to have the browser lie. There is always one (or more) app that wont recognize a modern browser and ask you to upgrade to Netscape or something as bad. So the corporate overlords, change the default browser string to say something like “Netscape 2.0” or equally awful.[/quote]

Thats about when the corporate overlords need to get overthrown :stuck_out_tongue: