Desktop Live Wallpaper with Xojo?

hello,
is it possible to make a Desktop Live Wallpaper windows service with Xojo?

Can’t answer your question. But i am sure someone who could answer would like to know OS + Version. :wink:

[quote=454641:@Markus Rauch]hello,
is it possible to make a Desktop Live Wallpaper windows service with Xojo?[/quote]

Well, technically you can do anything in Xojo, even a service in windows. BUT yo need a PRO licence for that kind of app, and since the framework is very limited, you will need a lot of declares just for displaying images. If you want something fancier like 3D, yes, you can program your own engine, but, as you can turn a screw with your nail, definitely it is better to choose a more apropriate tool for the job.

[quote=454641:@Markus Rauch]hello,
is it possible to make a Desktop Live Wallpaper windows service with Xojo?[/quote]

Oops! :slight_smile:

i have windows 10 and a xojo pro licence.

if we could use the open gl class & commands for rendering a desktop background in real time that would be cool.

a 2d painted canvas to windows desktop would also be nice.

I’m going to have to remember this quote :slight_smile:

this more appropriate tool is called “visual studio”?

this small code change the windows desktop background image in a timer action event with interval 1000 ms.
not live but at least a change of images.
Number is a integer Property with default =1

System.DebugLog "Timer"

Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias "SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Integer, ByVal uParam    As Integer, ByVal lpvParam As CString, ByVal fuWinIni As Integer) As Integer

Const SETDESKWALLPAPER = 20
Const UPDATEINIFILE = &H1

Dim  Location As CString =  "C:\\Temp\\test"+Str(Number)+".jpg"

Dim Ret As Integer
Ret = SystemParametersInfo(SETDESKWALLPAPER, 0, Location, UPDATEINIFILE)

Number = Number +1
If Number > 3 Then Number = 1