Debugger issue

All the sudden my debugger won’t show variable values. This happened after I fiddled with the column widths of a listbox in the debugger. I can now see the pane and the variables listed but no values.

I’m using 2021 r3.1 on Windows desktop.

Any suggestions?

Welp, I fixed it by breaking a running program and dragging the column width bar (which was invisible) and somehow the values column showed.

Not intuitive.

Yeah, that’s a bit finicky, there should really be a minimum size you can shrink the columns to so they don’t vanish, I’ll make a ticket about it later. Glad you got it sorted.

1 Like

I just checked, I reported it over 3 years ago <https://xojo.com/issue/54033>

1 Like

Thanks. I have not figured out quite how to read the celltag contents of a listbox in the debugger without widening the columns. That’s what got me in trouble in the first place.

I suddenly have the same problem, macOS if that matters, with 2022R4.1. I’ve cleared the cache and trashed com.xojo.xojo.plist without any effect. The same problem occurs if I run an older version of Xojo and if I create a new project. I’ve widened the window to see if the second, Key, column is too wide to see it’s right-most boundary, but not matter how wide I make it (very, very wide) I don’t see a second column.

Any ideas what to try next?

Did you log out and back in? The prefs are cached.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did that, but it didn’t help. I finally fixed the problem with some combination of deleting the com.xojo.xojo.plist, reinstalling Xojo, and magic. I retrieved the old .plist with Time Machine and I see the problematic setting:

Debugger Databrowser Column Widths
129, 0*

How the heck can that happen?