Debugger font regression

https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/75103

I’m not sure which version of Xojo made this change but can you please add an option to set the font size of the debugger text independently in the settings? I have to set the font size of the code editor to larger than normal for readability but this seems to make the debugger font ridiculously enormous.

I’d prefer to be able to have the debugger font smaller so I can fit more in view on my laptop.

I’ve raised the debugger font size issue under the latest beta as it started off being sized smaller than it has been in the past. They were able to resolve some of this, but it might not be ideal yet. See #74646.

Personally I keep all the text sizes stock, so my request was to revert back to the prior debugger text size as originally in the beta they had made it smaller. They’ve tied this now to a Xojo setting, but I believe it still adjusts all text sizes. As you read through the ticket, you’ll also see that there’s also one more variable at play in the beta in that they’ve shrunk the line height of properties within the debugger so this helps with density even though as it stands now, the debugger text size is now larger in size than it’s been in the past.

After using the beta for quite some time now, there’s also one more variable I’ve discovered that is not discussed in the ticket. The debugger now flips back and forth between two text sizes. Properties are at a larger size, but navigation at the App, Runtime, Windows, etc. is at a smaller size.

It’s probably worth your while to download the beta, assess how things look to you and then readjust your ticket if necessary.

Thanks for the detailed reply Patrick. I’ve been using the latest beta.

I think this issue is still unresolved (I see the ticket you linked to has been closed).

I definitely think there should be a separate entry in the settings for the font size of the debugger. It shouldn’t use the same size as the code editor (there is precedence for this since the navigator font size is different to the code editor font size).

Frankly, this is comically too large for the debugger:

I’ve posted this in the testers forum as I’ve realised this is a beta issue.

Yes agreed. I’m not seeing anything that large in my own IDE so maybe a bug here as well?