DBKit 1.0b6

DBKit 1.0b6 is now available. You can get it in Xojo by choosing New Project > Examples > Databases > DBKit. Then choose the desktop or web versions.

The release notes are now available on the DBKit page itself.

IMPORTANT: It turned out to not be practical to have the control classes for both desktop and web in the same DBKit module. Thus the desktop controls are in the DBKit module in the DBKit-Desktop example project and the web controls are in the DBKit module in the DBKit-Web example project.

This means that when you replace DBKit in your existing projects, the supers for your DBKit controls on your layouts will be wrong/missing and as a result, the controls won’t know what they are. After replacing DBKit, just reset the Super property for each of your DBKit controls and they will then return to their previous state.

1 Like

Hi Geoff,

If I already have the latest version of Xojo installed, when it “calls home” and get the updated DBKit?

Thanks,

Craig

Correct. All of the example projects are delivered live now from our server so the moment we add, update or delete an example, that is immediately reflected in the Examples pane of the Project Chooser window. It’s a big benefit of delivering them life rather than including them in the download. The only downside of course is when you’re not connected to the Internet but I think in this case the pros very much outweigh the cons.

1 Like

That is great, thanks for clarifying…and yeah, I agree. That is a better approach.

Thanks,

Craig