Darkmode image color black -> white

You’re seeing a combination of problems here.

1. Apple do not list all the colors they use and some just don’t match anything.
  2. Xojo still doesn’t support Apple’s dynamic colors, which means they MUST be rasterized and Xojo only supports the Generic color space, so you can get 'em close, real close, but they’re not the same. The irony is that I bet underneath Xojo then uses the color values to create a CGColor which actually supports color spaces.
  3. The dynamic colors work best when applied to views, not drawn. i.e. The ImageWell has a contentTintColor property. You specify a template image and set the color. Xojo doesn’t support either of these properties, nor the properties to adjust scaling and the frame of an ImageWell.
  4. Because Xojo doesn’t support dynamic colors, you can not even use 'em correctly with labels as Xojo only accepts the rasterized color.
  5. If you do decide that the only way is to draw with Appe’s dynamic colors, it is best to use NS drawing primitives as they will get a closer match than you can with Xojo’s framework.

I put in all the work to help Xojo developers access this functionality and learn from my experience, but Xojo demonstrated that they don’t care about any of it.

At the end of the day, Xojo developers are going to continue to be at a disadvantage in creating modern Mac apps, that is until Xojo hires someone with the experience and knowledge to drag their framework into this current decade.

3 Likes