Custom UI Framework made with XOJO - Demo video

In this video, I construct a form with various validations in minutes, using our UI framework built with XOJO. The framework uses ZERO 3rd party libraries, zero external files and dependancies. I hated every step of the framework development but once done… this is what is allowing us to develop cross platform apps on XOJO that look modern on Mac AND Windows.

Custom form with various validations and visualizations, made in minutes.

Video here
Complex form built in minutes with custom UI Framework

5 controls are demonstrated in the video

• Input control
  • Dropdown control
  • Rich text control
  • Button control
  • Window control

As you can see, a lot of common settings are applied within the IDE, such as:

• Linking the values automatically to a preference file / database storage
  • Applying localizations for labels
  • Using vector graphics to display beautiful icons within controls (NO f… canvas)
  • Customizable layout
  • Linking (notice how the parent (container / window) validates input and sets the disabled / enabled state for the button that is used to save the form data).

Anyways… sharing is caring… enjoy.

10 Likes

Useful thanks. I think we all spend a lot of time building our own UI elements rather than the standard controls.

1 Like

Looks great. Congratulations.

Can you share a screenshot from Windows? Thanks

1 Like

Good idea… here are some Windows screenshots.

Also, I might share this to some extend when Xojo finally announces Libraries. I don’t have the authority to share this on a code level at the moment. But at some point in time, to a significant extent… I will.

Main menu (showcasing card control / Toolbar control / Input control / Dropdown control)

Medial quiz - showcasing toolbar with a fixed main menu icon to the left, sidebar control, dropdown control, button control, rich text control, toolbar control

Registration / login window (showcasing input control)

Form editor - Showcasing toolbar control, button grid control, footer control and scrollable form control

All controls can be themed in a very flexible way, during runtime (and changes reflected in runtime). This is the same app running a theme called “dark”

Input Control initialize event. No canvas used, no 3rd party controls, pure SVG graphics for icons, declares for Win / Mac to extend functionality greatly.

3 Likes

Useful thanks. I think we all spend a lot of time building our own UI elements rather than the standard controls.

Sadly, very true!.

This is great achievement. You dont need to wait till Xojo libraries are available, you may do so as encrypted controls at the moment. Do let us know once its ready to purchase. Thanks for sharing the screen shot. Very impressed. Actually Xojo Inc. has to acquire these controls from you and should include this with Xojo. Hope Geoff will see this post.

1 Like

Sadly the encrypted controls in Xojo can be decrypted… with a breeeeze :slight_smile:

Furthermore. I am all for sharing code in the Xojo community, it’s a small community and sharing as much code as possible will benefit everyone and increase the chances of Xojo being around for a long time to come.

5 Likes

that is something that XOJO should have done long time ago, do you consider selling that package, is tere a way we could take advantage of all those great features ? that will help a lot as honestly now people start to have the apps that come from xojo and consider them as old times.

Could you share more details about the database as well, that sounds interesting .

Thanks again for that and good job.

1 Like

Yes, i can consider adding users for the package. Our app has been in development for 4 years, and 2 years went more or less into the framework, ensuring that the application doesn’t look “aged” and exactly the same on mac and windows.

I will make a video soon with the DB integration. The right DB approach is to build a modern backend API instead of using queries and select statements in your xojo code. By moving the workload to the backend, has allowed us to use Xojo for desktop and Flutter for mobile… with great ease.

You can PM me.