Cursor Image Mangled in Video Capture on Windows

In the Opening event of a Desktop Window, this code assigns a custom cursor image.

MyCursor = new mousecursor(defaultcursor, 18, 18)
App.MouseCursor = MyCursor

MyCursor is a property of type MouseCursor for that Window and defaultcursor is a PNG file stored in the Xojo 2022R3.1 project. The cursor displays fine when the App runs on macOS or Windows. Capturing a video works fine on macOS. On Windows, the cursor image is always mangled in the video regardless of the video capture software used.

Is this a know Xojo bug and if so is there a work-around?

I would think that this is a bug in the video capture software.

It would seem so, but the issue occurs with multiple video capture applications. Standard cursors like the Arrowhead are captured fine.

Right, but the standard cursors are in the .ico format and the ones that are generated in Xojo likely are not. My guess is that the video capture program is looking at the current cursor index (asking the system for it) and then just rendering its own version. Your custom one would not exist in that lookup and may even be returning an invalid offset to go look it up.

I can create a .ico from the PNG, but it is unclear how I would assign it to App.MouseCursor. It would seem perhaps the code below would convert the PNG to .icns on Mac or .ico on Windows. Remember, screen capture does work on Mac.

MyCursor = new mousecursor(defaultcursor, 18, 18)

I think we have tried three different screen capture Apps on Windows that all yield a mangled cursor image.

Has anyone been able to create a video of a Xojo app with a custom cursor running on Windows without the cursor image in the video getting mangled?