Cross Platform Toolbar

OK… I just created a nice looking toolbar using the Xojo toolbar control on my Mac

I take the code to the PC and it breaks on the items set up as ‘spaces’
Grr
So I change them to separators… not as nice but Im getting used to this.

What guess what? Separators arent supported on Mac!!!

How the heck do you create a toolbar that works on both with gaps between buttons??

Use separators and spaces. The system will display as much as it can, so Mac will see spaces but not separators, and Windows will see separators but not the spaces.

Toolbars are difficult to get right for both platforms at the same time.
I’d be curious to know if you can swap out toolbars at runtime the way we can with menus.

I found a solution.

For a space on both platforms, use a pushbutton, caption = " " set to be disabled.

[quote=320945:@Tim Parnell]Toolbars are difficult to get right for both platforms at the same time.
I’d be curious to know if you can swap out toolbars at runtime the way we can with menus.[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing myself!

Cant change the font, or the font size, not holding much hope of changing the parent or anything else…
Its not feature rich

You can build/add/remove the ToolButton’s in code :slight_smile:

I have just create a toolbar subclass that read a table and find out what button is required for the user and set the toolbar button accordingly. Also the ability to hide the toolbar

currently i need to add in new toolbar on a windows manually using the IDE. Is it possible to add a toolbar on open of the form instead??