Creating a Site-Specific Browser Application

Hi, I have created a web application.

I am trying to create an SSB application that will access that web app.

When I put my web app’s URL into the HTMLView as, the HTMLViewer fails to render the web page.

me.LoadURL("some URL")

The text in the HTMLViewer window says the following

"Your browser is not supported. Please try using one of these other browsers:

Mozilla Firefox 17 or later
Google Chrome 37 or later
AppleSafari 7.1 or later
Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or later
Microsoft Edge

I tried both Native and WebKit renderers with the same result.

I can create an SSB app for my web app for Mac using the “Fluid” application. I still need an SSB app for Windows. I was hoping to be able to create it with XOJO.

It is rather strange that a web app that is created with XOJO cannot be displayed in XOJO’s HTMLVIewer.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

VK

I am trying to create a desktop app using the Web2Desk app

https://appmaker.xyz/web2desk/?ref=webapp

It has been running some processes for at least 30 min now without any success.

I am still looking for a viable solution.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

VK

Do you have a license for the MonkeyBreadSoftware (MBS) plugins? @Christian Schmitz offers a method to set the UserAgent name.

You could also implement http://documentation.xojo.com/api/web/websession.html#websession-allowunsupportedbrowser

@Tim Jones I have an outdated MBS license for RealBasic/RealStudio. I will need to check with Christian how much he would charge for an upgrade.

Tim Parnell - trying to find out how to implement WebSession. At this moment I am completely lost with this regard. I cannot even find where in the IDE the WebSession is. I will keep looking.

Thank you very much to you both.

VK

You would need to implement the event in the web app, and rebuild the web app.

Thank you, Tim. Probably, it would be easier for me just to use supported web browsers at the moment.

The main reason why I wanted SSB is that it does not have all the controls on the top of the window.

I have no control of what browser the users will be using. On the machines in the lab, I have installed the Colibri browser. It is a minimalistic one so my web app has more space for displaying its content.

Thank you again,

VK

WebSession is the base class for the Session object in your web app. In the document page Tim referred you to, just click the WebSession link to go to the WebSession page where it will tell you this and everything else about WebSession.

So in your web project, add the Event AllowUnsupportedBrowser to the Session object.

Thank you all, guys, especially Tim and Jay.

To summarize the solution for someone who might have this issue in the future:

1. In the web application, find the Session object and add the AllowUnsupportedBrowser method
  2. In the AllowUnsupportedBrowser event put the “Return True” code

Now the SSB app works with no problem.

Thank you very much again, guys.

VK

[quote=430838:@Val Kozmenko]Thank you all, guys, especially Tim and Jay.

To summarize the solution for someone who might have this issue in the future:

1. In the web application, find the Session object and add the AllowUnsupportedBrowser method
  2. In the AllowUnsupportedBrowser event put the “Return True” code

Now the SSB app works with no problem.

Thank you very much again, guys.

VK[/quote]
Keep in mind that blindly returning True means that a user with a browser that isn’t capable of running the app will now connect and have a less than perfect experience.

Instead, you should be looking at the user agent header in that event and only returning True for your specific browser.