Creating a build server?

Hello again from the Great State of Oklahoma!

I’ve been looking at ways to streamline Xojo development as I add new devs to my team and I’d like to create a Xojo build server. Right now, every developer submits their work at the end of the day and a person, who I am now calling our “build manager” builds the project for release on the required platforms. But this requires manual work and I’d like to avoid that if possible.

Is there a way to automate the build process with Xojo? Ideally, I’d like to have a machine with something like Git and Xojo Pro installed. Everyone puts their work there and, at the end of the day, the server just builds for the platforms and readies the binaries for testing.

Is this doable in Xojo? Is it allowed?

You should have been at XDC where there have been several presentations about exactly this
Greg is the guru on our team

Well it does count as a license in use - so is it allowed … sure
Just make sure you have the right licenses

That would be super cool, can we have more details about that please !

Thank you .

The system we’re using is Thoughtworks Go.CD. It’s maintained & updated regularly, has a lot of community support and supports Mac, Windows and Linux builders (handy for Unit Testing and building installers on each platform).

Oh and it’s relatively easy to configure :slight_smile:

https://www.xojo.com/store/
See the XDC 2016 videos (under Events)
Greg did one called Good Fast and Cheap (or something like that) that talks all about this