CopyFiles sets executable bit on resource files

I have a CopyFiles build automation step in a project that puts a bunch of files into a subdirectory of the Resources directory. I noticed that RB App Checker Lite counts all these files as executables in the Resources directory.

Looking into the package, they do in fact, appear as executable, despite the fact that the source files from which the automation step copies them are not. Of necessity, the names of the files do not contain an extension, if that makes a difference.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it a bug in Build Automation, or am I doing something wrong? I’m using Xojo 2015r2.1 under Mac OS X 10.10.3.

I am able to codesign the application, and it runs, but I’m made nervous by having resource files that some later version of the OS might barf on being executable.

Thanks…

I don’t see the flag being set.
For me the flags are right as I see in quick test:

[quote]MacbookPro-Christian-2:~ cs$ ls -l /Users/cs/Desktop/build\ step/mbs.jpg
-rw-r–r--@ 1 cs staff 8411 13 Jun 2011 /Users/cs/Desktop/build step/mbs.jpg
MacbookPro-Christian-2:~ cs$ ls -l /Users/cs/Desktop/build\ step/Builds\ -\ build\ step.xojo_binary_project/Mac\ OS\ X\ \(Cocoa\ Intel\)/build\ step.app/Contents/Resources/mbs.jpg
-rw-r–r--@ 1 cs staff 8411 13 Jun 2011 /Users/cs/Desktop/build step/Builds - build step.xojo_binary_project/Mac OS X (Cocoa Intel)/build step.app/Contents/Resources/mbs.jpg
MacbookPro-Christian-2:~ cs$[/quote]

Thanks for the quick response, Christian.

Actually, the files in question are the CMap files you distribute with your DynaPDFMBS examples. Are you seeing the same thing on those? They seem to come as executable in your examples, but even after I changed them to not be executable, they are after the CopyFiles build step has done its work.

I see the flags are the same. The files coming with my plugin in the CMap folder are marked executable.
Not sure why.

Maybe run a shell script to set the flags as you need?

Right. I changed the flags on the source files, but once in the package they are again executable. Seems odd, but I guess a shell script is the way to go.

Thanks for checking…

[quote=184512:@Peter Truskier]I have a CopyFiles build automation step in a project that puts a bunch of files into a subdirectory of the Resources directory. I noticed that RB App Checker Lite counts all these files as executables in the Resources directory.

Looking into the package, they do in fact, appear as executable, despite the fact that the source files from which the automation step copies them are not. Of necessity, the names of the files do not contain an extension, if that makes a difference.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it a bug in Build Automation, or am I doing something wrong? I’m using Xojo 2015r2.1 under Mac OS X 10.10.3.

I am able to codesign the application, and it runs, but I’m made nervous by having resource files that some later version of the OS might barf on being executable.

Thanks…[/quote]

The copy files step uses ditto to copy files so permissions should be preserved
Literally it just executes /usr/bin/ditto

Hmm. I wonder how/why this is happening then. I’ll play around with ditto in Terminal to see if I can duplicate the problem…

No idea but if it’s ditto you should be able to reproduce it manually
The IDE really just automates writing a decent script to do this for you