Copy IOSKit to project

when I downloaded IOSKit, it comes with examples and other things.
What specific parts should I put in my app to use IOSKit ?

Trying to copy ‘just the part you need’ is a pain.

Xojo say that ‘only the parts you use are compiled’ … I dont know if I can believe that, but assuming it is true, you should just bring it all in.
There are folders for WebKit,iCloudStuff,GameKitFolder, JKRexEx…
Drag all those folders from the example project to yours.

Just copy the modules folder. Everything else is examples

1 Like

Thanks Jason …

Im trying to setup a way to email from iOS :
getting this error,
There is no class with this name
mailComposeView = new Extensions.MFMailComposeViewController

also how do you attach a file?

Thx
Roger

That class is in Extensions

I havent been able to make it work either: I have been using the sharing panel instead, which offers the ability to send a file by email , like this:

.Share.Shareurl(specialfolder.documents.child(filename).URLPath, , )

There is an email view in the examples that shows how to use that class. If you are getting an error like that I think you didnt copy it correctly. Open the iOSKit project, select the modules folder, copy, then paste into your existing project. you need to copy & paste from within Xojo, not in Finder

Thank you I found that was the problem…

MFMailComposeViewController does not work in the simulator, only on a real device.
I use it in many apps without any issues.

1 Like

Thx Jeremie…

Updating an old project changing from deprecated iOSButton to MobileButton, etc. Installed latest iOSKit. I have 4 errors from iOSKit code that I don’t know how to solve. Three are of the type:

Can’t import “Xojo” because its member “Data” would conflict with the “Data” that is already defined in this block…

Other says the following line does not match any of the available signatures but it looks good to me:

dim d as new DateTime(timeIntervalSince1970(self), timeZone.Current)

You need to disable Simple References in your project settings.

Thanks Jason. The Simple References switch OFF in the Build Settings-Shared-Build area solved the problem.
I thought I should read up on this switch in the documentation since I never paid attention to it before. There is probably some place in the documentation where the switch is covered but in a half hour of searching I could not find it. From a Bob Keeney posting of 2014 I infer that enabling Simple References removes the distinction between the Xojo.Core.Dictionary class and the Dictionary class, etc.