Copy Files path format in build step

Hi all,

I’ve got a few Copy Files build steps that move a folder structure into the Resources folder for the project. On Windows everything works fine although I have to define a different build step for every folder that needs to be copied.

However, on Mac things are different. See the screenshots below.

The first is the IDE:

Then the output in the *.app/Contents/Resources folder

I can’t figure out how I should supply paths to the Copy Files step so that I can get nested subdirectories in the Resources folder. How do I get this to work on OS X?

Thanks!

This is a bug that was recently reported where a dir full of files was NOT being handled as expected

What’s the bug #? I can provide additional feedback if necessary.

Also, are you aware of any workaround? We’re stuck on 2014r2.1 and have a deadline at the end of the week.

I think ultimately you guys might want to think about Copy Files recursively copying the files that are dragged into the window. So for example if I drag in Resources/help/html/index.html and Resources/help/html/js/app.js the Copy Files step should copy them to *.app/Contents/Resources/help/html/index.html and *.app/Contents/Resources/help/html/js/app.js

Is that on the radar? If not, can I put it there?

The bug is already fixed for a future release

Each step copies to one destination

However you can copy an entire directory hierarchy to achieve something like you’re suggesting
Simply drag in the dir Resources/help/html and subdirectories will be recursively copied

In your case the subdirectory is likely the issue as thats not a correct path on OS X but it CAN be used, as you’ve discovered, for the file name hence the results

Try making your subdirectory path help\html\js

[quote=168105:@Norman Palardy]
However you can copy an entire directory hierarchy to achieve something like you’re suggesting
Simply drag in the dir Resources/help/html and subdirectories will be recursively copied

In your case the subdirectory is likely the issue as thats not a correct path on OS X but it CAN be used, as you’ve discovered, for the file name hence the results

Try making your subdirectory path help\html\js[/quote]

Would you look at that! For some reason it works perfectly on OS X but I couldn’t get it to work for the life of me on Windows.

Thanks for the help!

As I said I know there is a bug (I dont recall the specific case #) that affected build steps that was fixed recently

There was a bug of mine where Xojo crashed with this type of path. Need to check what happened with this one.