This a continuation from this topic .
I decided to start a new topic with a title a little more relevant to the discussion.
Here is the summary I had posted with several of the conversion steps that were needed in my case.
- Convert database - 3 hours to write conversion utility.
- Change all prepared statements to use $1,$2 instead of ?,?.
- changed CURRENT_TIMESTAMP to ‘now()’
- changed some problems with data types ie. Round aggregate doesn’t work with type real.
- multi-table queries need more of the fields added to the ORDER BY clause
- PostgreSQL enforces strict data types. SQLite made me sloppy so I had to do some cleanup.
- Switched to BigSerial type instead of AUTOINCREMENT.
- Does not increment from max(id) so sequence value must be edited after converting database.
- PostgreSQL does not allow using single quotes or back ticks around table names. Double quotes or nothing.