Container control refresh issue on Windows

I have a container control that contains some Canvas and worked fine until I upgraded to the latest Xojo 2017R1.
With the newer version a gray canvas is shown and only after a click inside the control a refresh is triggered and the control is finally correctly displayed.
The control works fine on MacOS, the issue is only on Windows.
I tried several workaround without any luck… anyone has an idea?

I’ve just tested that and it worked fine. Are you able to replicate this in a new test project that you can share, there could be other factors that are causing this issue.

Also, what version of windows are you using?

[quote=329120:@Marco Bambini]I have a container control that contains some Canvas and worked fine until I upgraded to the latest Xojo 2017R1.
With the newer version a gray canvas is shown and only after a click inside the control a refresh is triggered and the control is finally correctly displayed.
The control works fine on MacOS, the issue is only on Windows.
I tried several workaround without any luck… anyone has an idea?[/quote]

That would be really disastrous for the IDE since a lot of it is containers with canvases

@Norman Palardy I am sure you are right but it has a different behaviour under the latest Xojo and it works fine with 2016.
I am currently unable to fix the issue and this prevents me from updating all my apps.

2016r4 switched our windows framework to use Direct2D and DirectWrite
I would have expected issues at that point
2016r4.1 and 2017r1 continue that movement and fixed many bugs
I’m not aware of any behaviour changes that were introduced in2017r1 regarding containers on any platform

What version of Windows ?

@Norman Palardy can I send you a project via email?
What is your email?

I had a similar issue, and the cause of it being that the ContainerControl.Paint - Event had been implemented to draw something. And somehow that drawing and the drawings of the Canvas above it have lead to a similar effect.
I know, it’s a shot in the dark… :slight_smile:

@Jürg Otter thank you so much, that helped me immensely!

In any case there is definitely an issue with ContainerControls on Windows.