Compiling Stalls

Ok I’m having a problem with XOJO stalling during build.

I run the project in XOJO and runs fine. Go to build it and the build thing comes up show build progress and then stalls.
I get the beachball of death. I wait and wait to see if it comes out of it and it doesn’t. I have to force quit XOJO. I’ve restarted the Mac,
reopened the project, click build and same thing all over again.

I couldn’t figure out what was going on. The code runs fine in XOJO. I’ve complied this app before with no issues.
So I changed the Optimization Level from Aggressive to Moderate and it complied!

So whats going on here? I’ve always had it set to Aggressive and it complied just fine, but all of a sudden it won’t compile when set to Aggressive.

Thanks

XOJO 2017 R 3
Mac OS 10.12.6

Aggressive could take 10 times longer.
So maybe someday, let it run over night?

As Christian says, the Aggressive setting can sometimes take a really long time. Unless you know you are getting a real, tangible benefit from using Aggressive (or even moderate), then it’s better to just stick with Default.

http://developer.xojo.com/64-bit-guidelines

Ah I see. Didn’t know it could take that long. Previous builds were fairly quick.

Thanks for the info.

[quote=372034:@Rock Star]Ah I see. Didn’t know it could take that long. Previous builds were fairly quick.

Thanks for the info.[/quote]

If you compile 32 bit it can be even slower

32 bit builds use the old non-optimizing compiler and should compile at the same speed they always have - which often is quicker than the LLVM based compiles since the old compiler does no optimizations of any kind.

Just 64 bit compiles.

Good to know. Thanks.