Compiling not working anymore

Good day
This morning I booted up my laptop, loaded Xojo to recompile ma apps in Windows and Linux, On pressing the BUILD command it only showed me the folder dialog instead of compiling. Something I am missing here ???

Are you still logged in and your license loaded?

1 Like

The SelectFolder dialog appears if the folder where the app would normally be built is locked or otherwise not writable.

1 Like

In case it is relevant, I’ve heard from some Mac users recently about folders ‘turning themselves into documents’ for no apparent reason.
If that happens to you, you dont have a suitable folder any more…

And it does not apper to be locked

yes for both

How do I say to Xojo the new folder from Xojo ?

Yes I am still logged in and license loaded as well

Open a terminal and type

ls -al 

And then drop the folder containing your project onto the terminal window and press return. I’d like to see the command and the result.

What do you mean by drop the folder ?

Daniel your laptop is running Windows?

I see a comment about Mac and I don’t know if people think that you are using macOS.

Ah yes. I assumed you were on macOS. Sorry about that.

On macOS you can drop a file/folder into a Terminal window and the file/folder’s path gets added to whatever the command is.

You can also right-click on any folder or file, hold down the Option key, and you will have the option to copy the entire path.

1 Like

A few questions off the top of my head:

1. What version of xojo are you using?
  2. When you boot up, do you cold boot from a full shutdown or from a hibernate/sleep?
  3. Try Edit>Options>Building>Clear Caches then rebuild, any difference?
  4. Is your project stored on a networked device/shared drive?
  5. Are you able to run the project?
  6. If you go into Help>License Keys… is your license installed and valid for that version?
  7. Has your timezone or clock changed since yesterday?

No Alberto my laptop is running Linux Mint 20,04. I wanted to compile in Windows and Mac as I have friends running those platform and wished to develop my goodies and deploy to them… My license is installed on my Linux.

Cheers

Don’t be sorry because that gave me an idea…An idea that turned to a good one.
In fact I deleted the folder as you indicated and recompile to experiment what will happen and the result has been a full recompile as folders were recreated with new executable and library files for both Windows and Linux. So I was all wrong to disturb you all. What I was expecting was a window showing a progress bar with the compilation being performed and NOT ONLY a folder with no indication of any kind. For your hint I thank you to wake me up on that

So therefore to those others who replied to my messages and were willing to give a hand…I express you my apologies and express to you my gratitude for wanting to help me.

Halleluiah

Daniel

3 Likes