Compiling for Mac OS 10.6.8

Hello.
I need to compile a Xojo Project (including a couple MBS plugins) that works perfectly on Mac OS 10.7 onwards for 10.6.8. Unfortunately, Xojo 2013 doesn’t seem to run properly on my machine, so if anyone could compile said app for me on a 2013 version compatible with Mac 10.6.8, that would be awesome.

Regards Thomas

If you have a license you can use old Xojo versions from before you the one you bought.

https://www.xojo.com/download/archives.php

You need to log into your account to get there.

-karen

Those versions don’t run on Catalina, and I don’t have access to Xojo on the target machine running 10.6.8.

It is a violation of the license agreement to compile apps for other people. If you need help, please contact hello@xojo.com.

Do you know the newest Mac OS that Xojo 2013r3.3 can run on?

-Karen

No, sadly I don’t know.

Hmmm … just tried it… it does Run on Mojave…

Norm came up with a way to let 2019.r1.1 run on Catalina and newer… Don’t know if it will work for 2013, but I don’t think I can link to Norm’s website here.

-karen

As Karen alluded, 2013r3.3 is the last version of Xojo that will compile for 10.6. The problem you’re having is that Catalina requires 64-bit apps.

@Thomas_Dumke
My suggestion is that you get a license of Parallels and put a version of macOS on there that can do this for you. The best reason is for debugging. Just being able to compile for 10.6.8 won’t be any good if the user then runs into an issue and you can’t debug it.

Thank you very much. I’ve contacted the team. Didn’t mean to offend the rules and regulations. Also, I will check out the Parallels option.

Or possibly VirtualBox which is free, and is what I use to run Linux, Win7 and Win10 under Mojave.