Compile Error (Big Sur 11.2.1)

Since I updated my Mac mini M1 to Big Sur 11.2.1 a few hours ago, I cannot compile universal apps anymore. I get the following error message:

Error signing application: xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
[My volume] - Gramma/macOS Universal/Gramma.app: the codesign_allocate helper tool cannot be found or used
In subcomponent: [My volume]/Xojo/Builds - Gramma/macOS Universal/Gramma.app/Contents/Frameworks/HTMLViewerCocoa.dylib

Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi @JensK,

I can’t confirm. I’ve also updated to macOS 11.2.1 yesterday and both, x86 and Universal, compiles fine.

Maybe @Greg_O_Lone or @Travis_Hill can help.

Thanks for your reply!

That’s strange, but it was also strange that I had to sign in again in Xojo after updating the OS which I never had to do before. Maybe a cache thing? :thinking:

StackOverflow says:

Open Terminal, and run the following:

xcode-select --install

This will download and install the Command Line Tools package and fix the problem.

You do not need Xcode, you can install only the Command Line Tools here, it is about 130Mb.

If the above alone doesn't do it, then also run:

xcode-select --reset

Use at your own risk.

1 Like

That solved my problem, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

I never would have guessed, though, because I have XCode installed on my system and didn’t know I have to install/update xcode-select seperately. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Happy to help!