Compilation Failed Could not find iOS simulator

Maybe I shouldn’t have jumped on so fast, but I upgraded to iOS 9. The when I tried to put my app on my device Xcode said there was an error, due to iOS 9. Checked for new version and downloaded it and now I can copy my app to the device.

But now I get the error shown above. Also kind of strange is that the Run Button and the Compile button now don’t work. It’s like they are disabled.

Any ideas!

Forgot to mention the Run and Build menu work.

I now have an app that crashes on launch, it has something to do with the database file. First it was read only so I I’m doing something wrong. I have a copyFile build step that has destination set to parent, then in app open I have:

[code]Dim dbFile As FolderItem
dbFile = SpecialFolder.GetResource(“ASPEdata.sqlite”)

If Not SpecialFolder.Documents.Child(“ASPEdata.sqlite”).Exists Then
// Only copy the file if it is not already there
Dim dest As FolderItem = SpecialFolder.Documents.Child(“ASPEdata.sqlite”)
dbFile.CopyTo(dest)
End If [/code]

Now I can’t debug it…

Xojo 2015r2 requires Xcode 6.x. If you need to use Xcode 7 for some reason then I’d check out the Beta channel.

I’m on 2015r4

Same thing?

There is no 2015 R4. Even 2015 R3 is in beta only.

[quote=214144:@Richard Albrecht]I’m on 2015r4
Same thing?[/quote]
Yes
Apple made some changes in Xcode that disable the Xojo IDE’s ability to locate the required bits & start them

[quote=214175:@Norman Palardy]Yes
Apple made some changes in Xcode that disable the Xojo IDE’s ability to locate the required bits & start them[/quote]

Knowing Apple, that sounds a bit worrisome…

Not really
We figured out what changed and the fix is in the beta

Any feedback on what changed? may be we can we fix it locally with (e.g.: environment variables, ln, shell scripts etc). Going back to Xcode 6 is not an option!

Whe will the next beta be out?

If you aren’t part of the Beta group and are using 2015r2.4, you can keep both Xcode 6.4 (just rename it) and Xcode 7 installed. That part isn’t a problem.

I had the Xcode 7 versus 6 problem. I went to the Apple Dev site and downloaded 6.4. I renamed Xcode.app to Xcode7.app and installed 6.4 and all is now working again.

I did have to reboot after the 6.4 re-install.

Its not as simple as just a shell script or env var
Would be nice but its not

[quote=214282:@Mark Strickland]I had the Xcode 7 versus 6 problem. I went to the Apple Dev site and downloaded 6.4. I renamed Xcode.app to Xcode7.app and installed 6.4 and all is now working again.

I did have to reboot after the 6.4 re-install.[/quote]

Are you still using Xcode 7 for development?