Codesigning Saga

Hi all,

I’m having some fun and games with codesigning an update (last time was end of last year). I’m using App Wrapper 3 which has worked fine before. My OS is Sierra and I’m on latest AW3, Xojo is 2017r1.1

Error received on uploading is as follows.

ITMS-90334 Invalid code signature. The identifier "com.xojo.framework" in your code signature for "XojoFramework" must match its Bundle Identifier "com.xojo.XojoFramework:.

Any help appreciated.

As an aside if I run AW3 codesigning diagnostics it throws up a lot of errors and tells me the Core Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certificate Authority expired early 2016 yet in my keychain it expires 2023. I also get invalid authority errors on my App Store Submission ones too, yet if I codesign it seems to check out ok.

1. Please follow this guide on clearing out your code signing certificates and re-installing them. The Sierra upgrade process, messed up quite a few people in regards to code signing certificates.
    http://ohanaware.com/support/index.php?article=purge_and_reinstall_codesigning_identities.html

2. Make sure that you’re using the latest version of Xcode (8.3 I think) on Sierra, there were a ton of compatibility issues with older versions.

3. I’ve seen this Xojo error a couple of times, but not consistently enough to be able to debug it, I think it might have something to do with the above.

4. If it still doesn’t work, send me a private message or e-mail and include a link so I can download it and attempt to recreate the issue here.

5. If it’s at all possible, consider reverting back to El Capitan. I’ve even heard of Swift developers having to go back to submit apps to Apple.

Thanks Sam.

Regards to number 5, for my laptop, that is just too much work right now, but it made me remember I have a Mac Mini still on El Capitan downstairs so I will try and set up AW3 on that machine.

Thanks for the article, I must have missed that one, I did find the “download the certs from a previous version” one. I’ll try that as well. XCode is up to date.

Will let you know after the weekend.

I forgot to mention earlier, make sure that you’re using the latest version of App Wrapper (3.7.2) as for 3.7, I changed the Framework signing code to better handle frameworks with multiple versions (and missing plist file).

Select “Check for Updates” or “Updates” from the App Wrapper menu.

[quote=330614:@Sam Rowlands]I forgot to mention earlier, make sure that you’re using the latest version of App Wrapper (3.7.2) as for 3.7, I changed the Framework signing code to better handle frameworks with multiple versions (and missing plist file).

Select “Check for Updates” or “Updates” from the App Wrapper menu.[/quote]

:slight_smile: Did that as part of the troubleshooting last night. Still same issues.

So, we appear to have had some success. I followed the help as suggested and purged, deleted etc. It took some back and forth to the point I wasn’t sure what I did in the end. REcreated some certificates, whacked others. All appears good now. The submission seems to have gone into review (meaning the automatic checks seem ok).

What clogged me for a while, make sure in Keychain Access you “Show Expired Certificates” and get rid of the them. The Apple Worldwide Developer one that expired in 2016 was lurking and gumming up AW3 Codesigning Diagnostics. Not sure it actually affected anything but I was able to clean out the waxy build up.

Touch wood, I think we’re good. Thanks Sam.

I had a quick look and found some expired certs
I dont try to upload to the mac store any more, so not a huge issue
However, trying to follow the instructions, I never see the View Details button in Xcode.

[quote=330809:@Jeff Tullin]I had a quick look and found some expired certs
I dont try to upload to the mac store any more, so not a huge issue
However, trying to follow the instructions, I never see the View Details button in Xcode.[/quote]

I believe that was Xcode v7, in v8.x the View Details now becomes Manage Certificates and really shows nothing imho.

I basically whacked all developer certs, finally found the expired ones, regenerated a few and somehow it seemed to have cleared up. :slight_smile: This is one thing that is easier in Windows! lol