Close of Xojo after some "Run" sessions

After some changes and “RUN” sessions, Xojo closes itself without error message after I hit “RUN” again.
Afterwards I need to start it again and it works again for some “runs”.

Does anyone have the same problem?
I am running Xojo latest version and on Windows 10.

Yes I have seen Xojo close randomly after hitting “RUN”

Also Xojo latest and Windows 10 x64

Me too. Wish it was reproducible. I believe there are a few old feedback cases, probably closed as not reproducible. I’ve also seen similar crashes with one of my desktop applications shortly after the app starts, it just dies with no error. After the IDE crashes, there is an entry in the Windows Application Event Log:

Fault bucket 2253867914259067295, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: Xojo.EXE
P2: 21.3.1.55102
P3: 00000000
P4: XojoGUIFramework64.dll
P5: 21.3.0.55102
P6: 61b17ce3
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000129c4e
P9:
P10:

I’ve seen this happen a few times, not a lot. I’m developing on MacOS. I can’t explain why it happens or when it will happen. It’s been random. I try to make sure to save my changes often so it isn’t devastating.

I recently excluded xojo and the build folder from Windows defender and also made sure I do not build onto my OneDrive. My builds seem to be a little faster and I am definitely having less issues

On Mac OS (at least, newer versions), an app can quit without warning or crash log because it ran out of memory. I discovered it the hard way (wasn’t a behaviour of previous versions and doesn’t make much sense either).

That might explain why it’s infrequent on my system. I have a lot of memory, usually about 20 gigs free with my normal activities unless I have VMs open for testing my apps in Windows and Linux. I’ll have to note what was going on and my available memory next time it happens, if it happens.