Clear recent project list

Where do I clear the recent projects list in the IDE’s file-open ?
I reordered my projects, and have some with the same project name but are in different folder and have slight differences.
In the recent file list I can’t distinguish one from another, and don’t find a way to clear it (the list).

Thx.

File->Open Recent->Clear Menu.

Wow I missed that!
The explanation can be that I almost never use the menu, but instead I open Xojo and use the select project dialog.

Thanks.

Yeah, I think a Clear Recent option on the Project Chooser window would be useful.

is there a way to have more than 10 items in the recent project list ?
Thk.

[quote=248959:@Jean-Yves Pochez]is there a way to have more than 10 items in the recent project list ?
Thk.[/quote]
Not at present from within the IDE
<https://xojo.com/issue/42676>

You could edit the preferences list itself and change the key there to whatever number you’d like
It should then be preserved through all versions

[quote=230590:@Julio Debroy]Where do I clear the recent projects list in the IDE’s file-open ?
I reordered my projects, and have some with the same project name but are in different folder and have slight differences.
In the recent file list I can’t distinguish one from another, and don’t find a way to clear it (the list).

Thx.[/quote]
If you select one then the right hand pane will show you the path to the item so you can distinguish them that way

[quote=248963:@Norman Palardy]Not at present from within the IDE
<https://xojo.com/issue/42676>

You could edit the preferences list itself and change the key there to whatever number you’d like
It should then be preserved through all versions[/quote]
should I modify the “recent item count” entry in the xojo pref file ?

That should do it

done it, see if it works in the next hours…
thanks.

BTW: It would be awesome to have a bit more information in this Window. Like the Version Numbers and maybe the App Icon (if avail.) f.e. :slight_smile:

Feature request it, I’ll put in my last point

Done more than 2 years ago :wink:

<https://xojo.com/issue/30376>

[quote=248993:@Sascha S]Done more than 2 years ago :wink:

<https://xojo.com/issue/30376>[/quote]

It has currently 27 Points and is on Rank 591. It would need more support before Xojo can invest time into it. :wink:

@Norman, editing the pref file is working.
thanks.

[quote=248963:@Norman Palardy]You could edit the preferences list itself and change the key there to whatever number you’d like
It should then be preserved through all versions[/quote]

Where can i find it on OS X please?

This window need a bit more work. I should be able to get more entries (Last Opened files) by default: I do not know a computer with a small enough monitor to justify only 10 entries :frowning:

a. More “last open” entries
b. Delete an entry (and not only all entries or…*): ContextualMenu --> Delete (the selected entry),
c. Display more informations about the selected project. If done tomorrow (for 16r1), this will start to be useful with 16r2 ! **
d. Add the file creation / modification dates is a plus (to choose from two or more different projects: sometimes one can want to go back in time…
e. Eventually add a list of Windows, Modules, Classes, etc. (a hint on what is in the project a/k/a in the Navigator when not expanded). ***

and I certainly forgot some ideas I had…

• It actually propose by default to clear one entry if the project is not on line and this is good, very good. Expanding the idea is the natural way to improve it at IDE Open window time…
    ALSO: if you open a bunch of example project(s), you loose the last Open entries you are working on :(.
    So, I try to NOT open example projects…

** Displaying the Xojo version (last used to modify the project is good since this information is available).

*** A large think can be done on what can be useful enough to be displayed here like properties of a xml or what is the name of the text based / shared project file ? (GIT and co ?)

(user directory)/Library/Preferences/com.xojo.xojo.plist
entry “recent item count” in the xml tree.

[quote=249428:@Jean-Yves Pochez](user directory)/Library/Preferences/com.xojo.xojo.plist
entry “recent item count” in the xml tree.[/quote]

Great! Thank you @Jean-Yves Pochez !