Class property value <> instance property value

Moving my project from Mac to Windows, I just discovered yet another difference.

I have this class with a boolean property that is set by a Contextual menu within the class.

On Mac, when the property is true, the instance becomes true as well. On Windows, the property turns true fine at the class level, but the instance remains false.

Yet another of those differences that make cross-platform not so evident…

Can you post a sample that demonstrates what you’re describing ?
It’s not clear to me

If the property is exposed in the inspector behavior, then existing instances already have their own value, originally copied from the class. If you change the value in the class, it will not affect the existing instances. New instances will get the new value, though. But it should work the same on Mac and Windows.

Well. I have to investigate further. This morning in order to better demonstrate what I was seeing on Windows, I created a small project with a customRectangle, and on it a boolean variable called myBool. Then still on the class I change that value upon mousedown, and verify its value on both the class, and the instance I have dragged onto a window.

Same value, whether or not the variable is exposed in Inspector Behavior. Yet in my big Windows project this seems to be broken. I will probably have to experiment further.

Thank you.

My comment about inspector behavior is in regards to values at design/layout time. Values changed in code should always be consistent, unless you have introduced some error in your code - some additional bit of code somewhere that runs after the “class” code executes and changes the value. Because, really, there is no distinction between “class” value and “instance” value. At runtime, it’s all “instance value”. The class is just a template for the instance. (Excpet for shared properties, of course).