Advanced Software Engineering Ltd announced their version 7.1 of ChartDirector for C++. This update adds support for the Qt Quick/QML framework, which is not of interest for Xojo developers. But we got a couple of bug fixes:
- ChartDirector crashed if a MultiPagePDF object is with no page at all.
- Candlestick were not drawn correctly in SVG if the open and close prices are the same. (This only affects SVG output.)
- ContourLayer image map was incorrect if swapXY was used.
- If a ContourLayer or SurfaceChart included tooltips and they are put inside a MultiChart, the code did crash when attempting to display the tooltip.
- Could not load certain JPEG images.
- The BaseChart.setOutputOptions in C++ may not handle the last option correctly if the option list is not terminated by a semi-colon. This is in conflict with the documentation that mentions the list of options should be delimited by semi-colons and the last semi-colon is optional.
- In lowess curve fitting, if there was a large number of data points with a very small smoothing factor, the points at the boundaries (the first and last few points) may not have fit very well in some cases. This is not noticeable by looking at the entire curve, but is noticeable when zoom into the first and last few points by using a high zoom factor.
- In a SurfaceChart, if surface projection was used and the interpolation for the x and y direction were different, the code may crash.
- In macOS, if ChartDirector needed to resize an externally provided image (eg. an icon to be used on the chart), in some cases the resized icon may have contained “noise”.
- On a chart, if there were both continuous image map (the image map for contour and surface charts with differ pixel by pixel) and regular image maps (the image maps for all other objects) and they overlap, the imageMapHandler may have handled the z-order of these maps incorrectly.
- Discrete Heat Map parameter substitution was not correct for the zIndex and extra field (which are indexed by the zIndex) if the x and y arrays are provided.
All customers with a current license for our MBS Xojo ChartDirector Plugin with expiration date in September 2023 or later will get this update with the 23.4 release and enjoy the bug fixes. You can get a license included with OmegaBundle 2023.